we're in a guitar center hanging out now (formerly the electronic music tech appreciation thread)

I have Behringer’s 808 clone arriving end of month, think it’ll be okay

1 Like

i want them to put the 909 one out

Same. The fireface recently moved here in the home space from a larger studio I run. I usually use the Audient 1D4 but switch on the FF when I want more channels plugged in at once.

But, to your mention, I got incredibly stuck into Universal Audio’s stuff back in the UAD2 PCIe days and went for it on the Apollo x8. Kind of wish I went for something over USB rather than thunderbolt but the sounds are very good.

the guys that made PortaFM made a Genesis plugin.

apparently working on some kind of take on SNES as well whatever that will entail

2 Likes

:biggrin:

1 Like

want one of these

i have the $20 behringer analog delay and would probably just get their $20 vibrato but the guy who runs JHS pedals made a very popular vid running down the circuits on the behringer pedals and as a result they have been sold out nationwide for months now

After watching youtube vidz of them for years, I played a 1960 Fender Concert Amp at Guitar Center IRL-style earlier today and it was the best sounding amp I’ve ever heard.

this looks cool

i was gonna get a DOD rubberneck before i decided i should never spend money on guitar stuff, sell my giant speakers, and just actually learn to play my wife’s old acoustic and try again 10 years later

coincidentally i had the superfuzz behringer in my amazon cart for months and i had no idea why it was suddenly unavailable

So Behringer’s 808 is pretty decent really, but I’ve been spoiled so utterly by VSTi’s and sample tweaking that I’m craving way more params than it has - more pitch and decay pots, noise blends, the works
Fortunately people are already developing mods for the thing; for the mere 300 bucks new it cost me, am well up for creating a heavily soldered mutant

1 Like

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to properly do gain staging on the octatrack so I’ve decided to download beatmaker 3 to make my TECHNO BEATZ on the go and export them as stems to be used

and like, wow ios file management is fucked

I’ve not used an Octatrack but how are you struggling with gain staging specifically?

I just can’t seem to get the levels super consistent between the samples and the external inputs - I’m either too soft or I’m blowing everything out because I want the kick drum to be very present in the mix and it’s not leaving enough for the analog heat I have at the end of the chain to compress

and then when I add the external inputs (nanoloop and either an electribe 2 or tb03) everything gets really messy and I have to reset everything again

I figure it’s just best to start with stems that are pre-mixed so then the only relationship I need to worry about is between the whole percussion track and my synths

Yeah that reads like you could use some compression earlier in the story, stemming out to a proper daw makes sense

glad to know that my instincts are still correct about this stuff :slight_smile:

I mean that’s assuming you don’t have a per-channel compressor plugin in the machine itself to use
Closer you can process at source the better imo, unless the built-ins absolutely suck shit

actually something that I’m just now realizing is that I do have that but I’ve been using the gain on it to boost stuff

but the octatrack can also boost samples pre-fx so I should probably try that first

that said I’d like to make it so that I don’t have to be at the octatrack to write drum tracks so maybe beatmaker is the way to go

Yeah in case anyone was wondering re: authenticity

The Behringer basically has the ever so slightly higher-fi signal out the box, eh

If I brought mine to Buttconn would anyone feel like fucking around with it idk

7 Likes

cool
1 Like