violence club 2k19: jcvd is kuwabatake sanjuro at tonight's violence club! 04/18/19 @ 5/8PM PST/EST

If I had known exploitation cinema lived on in lifetime original movies I would have started watching these years ago.

are we gonna watch Party Mom tonight? Stay tuned to find out…

Just watch as all clubs become Lifetime Original Movie club.

coming in 2019: Lifetime Original Movie Club Mom :< :< :<

2 Likes

More like Serial Mom

1 Like

All clubs become John Waters Club

1 Like

We WILL be doing a showing tonight, we just got a little behind on the hype post.

We’ll be showing Arcade, movie I’m pretty sure is about John De Lancie murdering people with 90s CGI.

And Lady Terminator, a fucked up horror film from Indonesia I know little about but the trailer looked great.

Content warning on Lady Terminator: There is a scene of sexual assault in the film

Hope to see you tonight, wed September 19th 6:00pst/9est

1 Like

if you like terminator but thought that it needed some incredibly reckless stunt work (which it did) and more sexism (which it didn’t), lady terminator is for you.

1 Like

lady terminator has enough scenes that resemble terminator 2 judgement day that it is safe to assume james cameron is a fan

2 Likes

We’re getting this party started now:
https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub

lady terminator reminded me of this cover

5 Likes

Lady Terminator is my wife

1 Like

Deadbeat at Dawn is super low-budget and has a major character that everyone just calls bonecrusher (who delivers maybe the best monologue i’ve ever seen in a movie) so that would fit on the list imo. i’m pretty sure its relatively easy to find. it has real stunts and fake blood.

1 Like

i also love The Spook Who Sat By The Door, which manages to completely live up to its amazing premise, and Vice Squad, one of the sleaziest things I’ve ever seen

1 Like

I added something and also editorialized on something in my adding of something 8)

After some words from our sponsors, we’ll be watching The Odd One Dies (1997), credited to Patrick Yau but ghost directed by Johnnie To. Takeshi Kaneshiro plays an aggressive aimless wild man who, on account of some contract killing hijinks, crosses paths with a girl with filthy hair whose hung up on an ex-fella of hers. You’ve never seen anything like this as long as you’ve never seen Wong Kar-wai’s Fallen Angels. This is the destiny of rascals.

18e0423bef

Then, after a brief intermission, we’ll have the closest thing to Dog Days: The Motion Picture there is, Long Arm of the Law (1984), by Johnny Mak. Some mainlander ex-PLA vets sneak into hong kong in the hopes of heisting a quick score and getting out in 48 hours. Just one weekend to make as much money as they’d currently make working for the next 100 years. We’ll find out if everything goes according to plan and works out smoothly, or if it’s just one disaster after another by some bad men on the way to crime hell.

This is the director’s only movie. the script is written by the guy who was chow yun-fat’s boss in hard boiled. sammo hung produced it and worked on stunts. this and van damme’s bloodsport are the only movies to have filmed in the kowloon walled city.

here’s some homework if you’d like more context for the movie’s story

sorry, it’s two subtitled movies which means having to pay more attention to the stream to know what’s going on, and I gotta tell you these aren’t the best subtitles. luckily, long arm has a universal story that transcends language and odd one has a main character that’s mute for the first third of the movie anyway

16 Likes

iirc Brothers from the Walled City was also filmed inside kowloon walled city

it’s directed by Lam Ngai Kai who also did the infamous Story of Ricky

a blog post about the walled city I found while looking up long arm mentioned that movie but said this

7 Likes

That’s interesting! Long Arm of the Law does sound pretty good.

I will come…for Parker (and I have the week off).

2 Likes