violence club 2k19: jcvd is kuwabatake sanjuro at tonight's violence club! 04/18/19 @ 5/8PM PST/EST

this time I can be there and be sure that I will! It starts at 3 am for me but I can do it

3 Likes

I kept the club running while asleep and I feel like I heard Total Eclipse (of the heart) a million times but that’s probably not true. I heard it once though, that’s for sure. I fell asleep again and finallly got up now. To Gundam episode 1.

1 Like

the kid is not annoying, there’s a Frau called Frau, it knows how to pick out the cool shots, all in all it’s pretty exciting… I’ve got to close this before I become a gundamn

1 Like

Man, one of these days I’m gonna be able to make it to one of these, and it’s gonna be rad as hell.

Violence Club is 4 for 4 for all time bangers. I feel privileged to know people who have such good taste

In case I can make it to the next one (please be on a Monday), can someone screen the Van Damme flick again that kicked this whole thing off? I’d really like to see it!

I’m sorry ssri withdrawal kept me away from Time + Tide, a true all-time classic of people going right out tenament building windows on ropes, etc.

I was very tired by the time of time and tide and had trouble following the story but when that happened and the camera went out the window and kept going down along with the rappelling guy I got hit with vertigo, it was good

The original cut was allegedly like an hour longer? There was a motorcycle chase? And even more jokes at John Woo’s expense? Probably a miracle it’s coherent at all.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE CLASS WAR CUZ TOMORROW AT 9PM EST IT’S KICKING OFF IN https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub AND IT’S GONNA BE CURATED BY @la_ciel SO YOU BETTER LOG ON, YOU MOTHER. YOU BETTER GET READY…TO FIGHT!!

4 Likes

TONIGHT @9PM EST:

Our glorious and attractive slash-mongers @anonymous and @Tulpa are out tonight, so TONIGHT ONLY, Violence Club shall be experiencing a TAKEOVER of QUESTIONABLE CHARACTER

:::EXPERIENCE VIOLENCE OF A SPECIAL FLAVOUR:::

VIDEO TRASH NIGHT: CLASS WARZ II – ORIGINS: THE MELTING POT

Join us at the Select Button Gay Watch / Anime Crucible for a sublime, riveting, and profoundly instructive double feature sure to change everything you thought you knew about nocode’s suspiciously good taste class dynamics in late 20th century America

!!!

FEATURING:

SOCIETY (1989):

The classic high-society Beverly Hills docudrama,

And!!!

STREET TRASH (1987):

The utterly tasteless straight-to-video nasty

Movies begin at 9pm! Join us! Laugh! Wince! Learn. Get moderately turnt! Experience dispassionate regret! Stroke nocode’s ego! ?Fantasize about John Waters!? See how the other side lives!
please note: it should be evident from the trailers what kind of flicks these are, but in the interest of transparency, CONTENT WARNING for the second feature. some deeply tasteless sexual violence and some incredibly outdated casually homophobic language. know when to fold 'em. See you there :3

7 Likes

Tonight, it’s death to the bourgeoisie… in living color!

Get ready to become a bloody communist!

If being Bolshevik is wrong, I don’t wanna be Menshevik!!

It’s time to seize the means of destruction!

6 Likes

Society rules, love that one

1 Like

ALRIGHT, MELTY POTS. It’s time! Convene in SBAC for the educational experience of an evening!

thanks nocode

3 Likes

6/6 violence club all bangers

1 Like

I admit I was reluctant to join the anime club because I thought everything would be cartoons (or worse, everything would be anime cartoons)

I already watch a pirate movie stream each week and the cartoons are usually the least iteresting parts. (Gimme some weird live action and documentaries)

Now, I learn about this… What have I missed!

There is NO ANIME in violence club

2 Likes

TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY THE 22nd, at 9:00 Eastern Time is REB BROWN NIGHT
Space-mutiny1

You’ve seen Reb Brown in SPACE MUTINY, but you don’t really know the man. Wednesday, in Reb Brown night, you will come to understand this master of thespianism first hand. See him fight, cry, run through rocks in a loin cloth, and much much more in our journey into the singular realm of Reb Brown.

Yor: Hunter From The Future

YOR HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE will take you on a whirlwind voyage from the first bars of it’s theme song, to the last low budget explosion. Reb Brown plays YOR, a Caveman warrior on a voyage to find his origins in a world of monsters and women in fur bikinis. See thrilling foam latex beasts, baffling worldbuilding, and science fiction wonders the likes of which only Italian filmmakers on an extremely low budget could conjure upon the screen.

The perfect introduction to Reb Brown, by the end of this film you too will say “Yor’s the MAN!”

Content Rating: Reb Brown Approved for good clean fun

Strike Commando

Reb Brown takes one of many turns as an American soldier in Vietnam. But not just any soldier, no, he is ELITE STRIKE COMMANDO MICHAEL RANSOM. Left for dead after a mission gone wrong, Ransom must expose the world to a sinister RUSSIAN plot sure to threaten AMERICA.

…and scream a lot while holding a machine gun. That happens a few times. This is Reb Brown, that’s what he does.

Strike Commando is part of the Actionsplotation genre. Actionsplotation combines low budget American action movie tropes with the heightened reality of Italian filmmaking, creating a Vietnam flashback fever dream of explosions and violence.

Can Reb Brown save us all from COMMUNISM? Find out in STRIKE COMMANDO

Content Rating: Certified Dubious for stereotyping and torture

7 Likes

Oh, by the way, Nocode and I are curating wednesdays every other week now. We’re going to be doing a grab bag of cult movie stuff including horror, scifi, arthouse, and maybe even some animation.

We both have some films we’re very excited to show people. There’s going to be a lot of trailers in the filler for Reb Brown night for movies we might show later, if you’re curious about the future of our nights and the general vibe we’re going for.

We hope you’ll join us for all our weirdness tomorrow, and in the future.

3 Likes