videogame things you think about a lot (Part 1)

@iguferon this one is your fault, but the name ‘gentleman jim stacey’ gets stuck in my head constantly now

firefox_7O9lhWYvic

2 Likes

legendary mount & blade mod 1860s old america

2 Likes

speaking of morrowind i think about the 2003 classic mod “hunt osama” where caius cosades sends you to kill bin laden and help the american embassy in ebonheart convince duke dren to send troops to iraq

OSAMA BIN LADEN, BARBARIAN!!!

the modder couldnt figure out how to make new NPCs so the imperials in the american embassy are just edited copies of the shopkeeper in tel mora with a corprus stalker in her attic. which means if you go to her shop shes been replaced by a fucking embassy worker lmfao

also evangelical christian elder scrolls mods

5 Likes

The Vagina Disgracé Crystal

8 Likes

the hidden computer in call of duty: black ops’ menu screen

2 Likes

death%20basket
this racing wheel setup

11 Likes

been going to a lot of weddings lately and thinking about how i’d probably try to work this song into the ceremony somehow

1 Like
5 Likes

Since yeah tunes!!! on topic and not vgm thread, most times when I’m far enough removed from light pollution and taking in the stars, this plays in my head.

Perfect for spinning swirling and accumulating space mass.

That little beep that arrives during the come down at 4:07, ahhhhh late 2005 to forever…like the near panic of losing track in an endless void, made calmer by a distant planet 's beacon.

2 Likes

contributing to the vgm i always think about block

I think a lot about the time I was at a small games convention/conference and went to a panel about alternatives to violence in game mechanics where everyone was talking as if violence in games was an absolutely abhorrent thing and that it was the height of laziness and irresponsibility to make or engage with violent games.

Then after the panel most the panelists were in a room playing Crawl co-op slaying dungeon creatures together and talking about how rad it was.

7 Likes

At the end of the last day of school in like 6th grade, I snuck into the local college’s game room and played a shit ton of Fatal Fury 2 while I waited for one of my friends to meet me.

Early summer Friday afternoons (just like right now) always remind me of Terry Bogard.

4 Likes

Wing Commander was a fantastic game series for eight years, and then it died and nothing took it’s place. Also, the source code of the games isn’t public so the old games don’t get fan ports to modern systems.

The sunset sand surfing part of Journey which moved me the way only some real vistas have in my life.

3 Likes

this legendary song from some random-ass robocop game for the gameboy

18 Likes

Me too and I can definitely thank chefboyardee for that.

1 Like

Mostly it’s sfx and voice clips

-the sound nightmares make when you hit them in Link’s Awakening

-“ok desu ka?” and “I miss you”

-wwwwaaaaaa SAVAGE

7 Likes

i think about the time hirokazu tanaka made all the hirokazu tanakas in japan make a song together all the time

im gonna get all the daphny drucilla delight davids together for a song
okay i did it

4 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes