videogame special object fetish production (promotional merchandise thread)

metal gear rising: revengeance balloon

shin megami tensei: nocturne incense and burner

final fantasy viii “eyes on me” music box

16 Likes

smt3 laptop
laptop1

7 Likes

i don’t know if this counts, but for a very short period of time, you could get Tekken 3-branded Jones Soda (super mario bros soda doesn’t count but i’m going to mention it in this sentence because it was really good).

i think this is the flavor i got (22 years ago so my memory is a bit fuzzy), i can’t recall. i really wanted the cream soda which i think was heihachi.

10 Likes

http://magweasel.com/2009/12/10/greatest-special-edition-ever-goes-for-3400/

In Japan [Enemy Zero] also had what’s unarguably the most hilarious limited-edition box set ever made for a console title.
Only twenty of these special boxes — or should I say “special crates”? — were produced. They cost a cool 200,000 yen each, and Kenji Eno personally delivered them to each buyer himself on a flatbed truck (really).
Number 08 hit Yahoo! Auctions in Japan the other day and was sold for 300,000 yen, or about $3414.58.
What’s in this package? Let’s see:

• A copy of the “regular” Enemy Zero special edition
  • A full set (leather outfit w/gloves, hat, tights, EO-logo badge and earrings) of the outfit worn by the companion girls at WARP’s 1996 Tokyo Game Show booth, designed by Yasushi Nirasawa
  • A towel embroidered with the EO logo
  • A model of an “enemy” corpse, complete with bodily liquid
  • A metallic bookmark
  • A flyer and ticket to an Enemy Zero art exhibit held in 1996
  • A set of press releases for Enemy Zero (back when these were faxed around instead of emailed)
  • A VHS video of Enemy Zero music clips
  • A large 3D lenticular sheet
  • A set of stickers
  • An Enemy Zero T-shirt
  • A replica of the gun Laura uses in the game, again designed by Nirasawa
  • Actual design documents used in developing the game
  • Floppy disks, envelopes, and paper bags with the WARP logo
  • A Sega Saturn-stamped CD-R (contents unknown)
15 Likes

vanquish bubble gum cigarettes

11 Likes

Chrono Cross clock.

7 Likes

11 Likes

xbox-halo-2-logo-trucker-hat-370x247
this halo 2 trucker hat that looks like complete shit on everybody i’ve ever seen wear it except daphny sometimes

2 Likes

I have this!

10 Likes

i have a bunch of stuff i got from an old job i worked.

some sort of folder/envelope with killzone 2 on it

a small artbook for resistance 2

these postcard sized promo things for littlebigplanet that, when flipped over, can be made into a large poster

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/sincespacies/status/1237492894279204864

4 Likes

dead island torso DEAD ISLAND TORSO

metal-gear-rising-revengeance-dossier-de-press-10

full size metal gear revengance severed arm usb stick

9 Likes

the city i live in still has this huge metal gear rising mural that has never been covered up. it’s right outside the train station, so one of the first things people will see when they get here.

unnamed

23 Likes

oh shit i’ve seen that when going to wrestling shows

i can’t find a picture, but when the ps1 bruce willis game apocalypse was released, the publisher sent apocalypse-branded condoms to uk magazines that said DIE HARD on the packaging

9 Likes

I recall reading that the Super Special edition of D2 was literally delivered by Kenji Ito himself to people in Japan who ordered it, so this tracks.

3 Likes

That would have been such a cool experience, and i guess partly how they justified the price tag. His company also did the Kaze no Regret sound novel that included a packet of seeds you could plant.

7 Likes

The Persona 5 School Bag. That was a good bag and I sold it to a guy who asked, “are you going to get the new version?”

In retrospect I should have taken more goofy pictures with this non-descript black school bag that Lady Rude hated.

2 Likes

I think about when I was getting bonuses from buying games at Best Buy they always sucked and there was always someone that wanted to buy them for 15 bucks on ebay.

Like the overwatch license plate

3 Likes

Kenj Eno’s Short Warp (3DO) came with a condom.

4 Likes

a real copy of the magazine Hijiri gives you at the beginning that Chiaki steals!

Includes:
Ayakashi Monthly Special Final Issue - The issue that would have been released had the Conception not occurred. 106 pages of information for “MANIAX”, expanding on the “worldview” and featuring artwork.
SMT3 OST Piano Arrange
SMT3 Rare Tracks (tracks not included on the initial OST)
An incense burner – “the latest model [of the burner] that came with the original Deluxe Pack”
A “Luxury Vortex Case”

5 Likes