Videogame Music Thread

dyad ost

1 Like

I’m such a David Kanaga fan, you might appreciate this if you haven’t seen it yet:

2 Likes

this is really cool. i’ve always thought of musicians as alchemists and it’s neat to see him apply those kinds of concepts to the way he creates. i’ve been meaning to go on his bandcamp to see what else he’s done so i guess my weekend is gonna be busy.

1 Like

His game, Oikospiel, is an implementation of these concepts of intense musical feedback for every friction (and also a modern labor/value interpretation of Tristram Shandy!). Highly recommended.

1 Like

gonna get this at some point
thank you!

I can’t watch well atm but skipping around for a minute, immediately thought of Elektroplankton! Not sure how relevant but looking forward to soaking this in later.

Yeah, that’s a good connection; music out of play

theres a bunch of really good music in this game

2 Likes

xtremely good and pure

I keep getting this stuck in my head.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

this put me in a tecnosoft mood

3 Likes

Other video game boss battles: “let’s get some BWAAAAMP BWAAAAAMP in there and some DUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUHHHHH and just an assload of tritones”

FF14 be like:

3 Likes

if i recall correctly, the only way to hear Persona Mambo is to buy it at the Seedy CD at some point in the game, but before I had gotten it in-game, I found it when going through the files on the disc, and was like, “what the hell is this?”. the goofy, catchy mambo song only made persona 2’s world more enticing.
1 Like

Oblivion is so good that I ended up with a copy of the Primals album just because of it.

1 Like
1 Like