1 Like

how did I miss this post

not saying this isn’t cool, it is, but the final game has a bunch more hot jams

2 Likes
2 Likes

ragnarok battle offline was great all around

even if everything was kind of an hp sponge

1 Like

come for that juicy 90s house piano, stay because 0:47 took you somewhere you never want to leave

Edit: God DAMMIT this song friggen RULES, jesus christ

6 Likes

I’m serious. Just listen. Give it more than 30 seconds of your time, and this track will give back.

If you had presented this song to me before I ever heard it, and told me it was from a Final Fantasy game, I’d have called you a liar right to your face. It has as much in common with the rest of the FF musical canon as a ham sandwich does with a fighter jet.

It’s cool. I don’t mean to say that other FF songs aren’t cool or whatever, but this track is COOL. It sounds like motorcycles and neon at night. Like the lights of the city sliding off your sunglasses as you ride the elevated ring road along the coast. Like you’ve got somewhere to be and a reason to get there. Like you’re about to do something that’s gonna land you in jail.

6 Likes

Somewhere in the fog, drifting and angelic.

3 Likes

its dj dracula baby… stay cool out there in satan’s wonderland baby…

2 Likes

totally rad Game Gear OST by one of the people responsible for Panzer Dragoon’s music.
~

~
3 Likes

I’ve meant to chop that Contact song into something for a while now, it’s so chill. Not sure I’ll ever go back and finish the game but of many things Earthbound-y, this kind of track is very.

1 Like

i’ve only played a few hours. i loved a lot of the concepts, but didn’t really find the “click on something and auto-attack” gameplay very engaging, so i gave up, but that was my impression of it when it came out, i should probably give it another chance. i think i also took issue with your character only being able to consume so many items at a time and there being a digestion cool-down or something (which is probably something you can work around if you play intelligently rather than like some sort of potion fiend).

i feel like this is what we’d get if david byrne had composed a track for a DS game:

1 Like

Contact is definitely not a great game but I found it to be charming in an era before every other game was riffing on EB.

4 Likes

Totally, one of the first things I can remember actually having that on its sleeve.

I was always curious where the plot goes between player and main character, as (you) the interactive contact are distinctly separate from the boy.

2 Likes

I’ve never played Uncharted Waters, have no idea what it even is or looks like or what system it’s for, I’ve only ever encountered it through its music on the internet; but it cannot be worthy of its soundtrack, because I can barely think of a game that would be.

Composer: Yoko Kanno

1 Like

yeah I was gonna say

Kanno also did the soundtrack for Ragnarok Online 2

2 Likes