Videogame Music Thread

Most of the music in the remake of La Mulana is better than the original MSX-like, but I have a real soft spot for the original Wonder of the Wonder (Confusion Gate music). I think it nails the mysterious nature of it a lot better than the more bombastic remake.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to this on repeat for a couple days now
1 Like

it’s time to SURF THE INTERNET

3 Likes

So blatant, so direct, so ket shee catchy!

One of the most transformative last boss musics.

RIP

2 Likes

I think this may be my favorite song from that game. It has a nice tension to it and goes a lot of different places as it progresses:

And totally unrelated, but I never tire of this:

1 Like

This song from Pipe Dream/Pipe Mania has always stuck with me. Especially the part from about 0:35 to 0:50. I hadn’t heard it in more than twenty years before tonight, when I pulled the game up in an emulator.

I went looking for arrangements, and found this organ one (which is fitting).

4 Likes

I never knew there was a Mega Drive version of Robo Warrior.

it’s fun to hear a different version of the music, but I’m still partial to the NES sound.

There is also an arrangement of this song in the second Kororinpa game.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The Japanese version of Bio Metal has such a radical OST. That II Unlimited shit they replaced it with in the U.S. version is a fucking travesty.

7 Likes

did not expect to hear these chords in a farming game.

1 Like

This song has been inspiring me a lot lately, its so energetic and happy and i love it

3 Likes

it’s my favorite daytona track

LET’S GO TOGETHER
I WANNA

I hate now that I accidentally upload paraody OSTs from SilvaGunner before actually listening to the song

2 Likes

I mostly feel the Mother 3 soundtrack is lousy compared to the first two games, but I really love what they did with the Mr. Saturn theme:

It really captures the Mr.-Saturns-conducting-secret-ops-under-military-occupation vibe.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that I kinda dig SF4’s soundtrack because I’ve heard it for hundreds of hours

So much cheesy 2000’s drum n bass

by the way, Overload is out

2 Likes

how to go to hell and summon demons:

step 1. download every midi on vgmusic.com and put them into a big winamp playlist
step 2. download virtualmidisynth
step 3. download the crash bandicoot soundfont, put it in virtualmidisynth
step 4. set midi device to virtualmidisynth in winamp
step 5. play your midi playlist on shuffle

4 Likes