Videogame Music Thread

Ripped, converted, and uploaded this to YouTube because it’s so rad. From Busin 0.

3 Likes

if you want the entire OST’s right here

also, unrelatedly

i didn’t realize how much gun hazard’s OST sounded like FF7’s until someone pointed it out, but just skipping it around you can really hear the Shinra styled themes all over

Or you can download it. I ripped it off the disc, should sound better than YouTube.

You can also get the OST on iTunes.

Someone found a way to reproduce the Mother 3 soundtrack without the crappy sound quality of the GBA and it sounds amazing. It’s not 100% perfect all the time due to minor emulation issues (I think the pitch bending is absent), but it’s still way better than standard rips of the soundtrack.

1 Like
1 Like

The first song from a post-2 Persona game I’ve liked. I’m using it as my alarm now (Battle for Survival has gotten too jarring to wake up to).

2 Likes

The Mega Man X password screen is the first time I remember starting a game just to listen to the music.

2 Likes

The Fantasy Zone shopping theme has been intermittently running through my head for as long as I can remember. Specifically, the Sega Master System version.

I remember being surprised to hear the same song in another game in the arcade. It was a cocktail table game that for years I thought was Destruction Derby but must have actually been Hot Rod.

2 Likes

They got some mileage out of it, all right.

4 Likes
1 Like

Whenever I’d play Cruis’n USA (which was usually just with friends, because I thought it was a terrible game), I’d always insist on this track when I played. My ‘friends’ gave me shit for it, though, because they said it sounded too country.

When I would relent and play another track:

They just said it was worse! Motherfuckers, it’s not my fault you can’t feel the jam! It’s my house, my N64, my copy of Cruis’n USA, and my goddamn turn. I’ll bluegrass boogie or deadwood ride if I want to.

The arcade version is pretty rad. That twang feels so correct.

Ohh shiiit, and this guitar solo

I really hated this one on the N64, but it sounds a bit better in the Arcade:

Also, Ultimate Card Games has radical chill music:

4 Likes
1 Like

little things like these are the best things like these are the best things like these are the best things like these are the best things like these are
2 Likes

just gonna keep going i guess since soyo oka is a genius
1 Like

Let me just reply to this two year old post. FF6 is part of that era of games that could make me feel ways I didn’t think was possible and a huge part of that is the music. The whole credit sequence/roll in this game is absolutely unparalleled, tying all of the characters’ themes together as they each have their little moments. Always found it outstanding.

1 Like

I was going to just post Phantom Dust, but here’s my favorite FFVI track:

Also, Phantom Dust has some amazing character names. My favorite is “pH”.