Videogame Music Thread

That whole Metroid analog synth remake is lit af

the original SMT4 overworld map theme is also really nice

Also, damned if that isn’t the coolest OST cover.
edit: listened to this while walking home through the rainy Salem streets and it was an A+ experience

2 Likes

i am increasingly confident that this is the single best piece of music ever composed for a SNES game

6 Likes

soyo oka, mitsuda/uematsu, and dave wise would like a word with you

follin is effin incredible, though. this song is such a headfuck

scoffs HACKS!!!

https://youtu.be/nrepCT2wFeE

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

(Does this next one remind anyone of another song? Because I’ve been trying to figure out what it reminds me of since 2003):

This one is from Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, and was composed by Tsukasa Masuko, who did the music during the early years of the Megami Tensei franchise (check out Dungeon Explorer for similar tracks to this and his SMT work). His music for the aforementioned games has a very distinct sound to them, it’s really unfortunate he doesn’t do much anymore outside of sound programming and stuff.

Tthese tracks are from Revelations: Persona, and I love them because they just “sound” nostalgic to me.

Very relaxing:

Very Persona 2-esque:

4 Likes

was discussing shiren asuka, so here’s the ost

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

i request that TOBAL NO.1 be enshrined as a possible bright future of music in fighting games. the past always makes the future look better than the present does.

this is an arrange, but some of the arranges on tobal no.1 remixes are just very long versions of the base songs. and, unfortunately, only about half of the songs were selected.

2 Likes