Videogame Music Thread

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

people were talking about advance wars but i was late to the party so i’m just posting here

i get some very strong Comix Zone vibes from Advance Wars music.

1 Like

wtf was even going on at hal

1 Like

[Slow heavy metal music playing]

4 Likes

i don’t know why, but ocremix popped into my head. i was big into video game remixes in the early 00s, i spent a lot of time on ocremix downloading 3mb MP3s at 2kb/s in the middle of the night.

this was frequently in my huge “main” winamp playlist from 01 till like, probably 05. i just really like that goofy synth that’s jumping and whizzing around throughout the song.

3 Likes
1 Like

(fuck yes)

this sounds like 1950’s concrete music SOPHIE

2 Likes

DEMENTO was and is such a great title for a vidcon

1 Like

sample it loop it fuck it eat it

1 Like

Ah hell yeah, that funky Gameboy shit:

1 Like

Also, did you all know that LSD Dream Emulator’s soundtrack is a surprisingly competent 90’s IDM album that you only ever hear about 30 seconds of in-game?

Has a bonus “remixes” disk that includes work by Ken Ishii and Aphex Twin collaborator u-ziq. What the hell, man?

6 Likes

i listened to that remix album + early odd future and death grips in middle school

2 Likes

Is this Blue Monday by New Order?

1 Like

some cool tracks from the last bible games (excluding part 1 because there’s only a single video with the entire ost no individual tracks)

(this one is just a rip off of the theme from a summer place, you can’t fool me)
1 Like
6 Likes

https://remywiki.com/DANCER

3 Likes

Woah, that Wario Land 4 track is weird as hell. A lady greets you into the song like you’re entering a store. Eerie vocals that randomly fall away halfway through, weird backing vocals that sound like Ariel Pink and only show up once, and the whole thing sounds like you’re hearing it muffled through the walls. It slowly fades into a completely different song.

What the fuck, is the rest of the game’s music like this?

1 Like

yessir, welcome to Nintendo’s back alley

2 Likes