Videogame Music Thread

Since Majin Tensei II: Spiral Nemesis is in english now, here are some of my favorite tracks from it. The soundtrack is by two of the four people who did Revelations: Persona’s OST (Hidehito Aoki (lead composer for both Majin Tenseis and Revelations) and Misaki Okibe). Hidehito Aoki was lead composer for this as well as Revelations: Persona, and is responsible (along with Okibe) for the best tracks in Revelations. I heard he drove off of the side of a cliff.

i don’t really like this one so much, but it gives me some strong FFVIII vibes.
5 Likes

this entire soundtrack slaps tbh but I can never get enough of

6 Likes

I’m quite partial to Zazen Town

2 Likes

yes that is an all time classic too

Just listened to this - I thought the soundtrack was so so at the beginning but it keeps on getting better until the end and then it stops getting better.

2 Likes

Whoah, this is great! Another one of those “We wrote all this awesome music but don’t really want you to listen to it” things :frowning: http://pekoponblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-got-elebits-ost.html

I think it’s better paced than Naoyuki Sato’s solo albums.

Hat trick :womans_hat: !!! The elebits OST reminded me of the graffiti kingdom 2 ost
representative track:

And unlike Elebits it’s available at list price on Amazon and stuff still, unfortunately no digital.

I traded my copy of elebits in and I feel like a fool

1 Like

You are a fool

I’m not sure how that would help you with the soundtrack though. I thought I could rip sleeping dogs’ soundtrack from the game disks but gave up pretty quickly once I realized I didn’t have a BD drive

Is it looped in game? I might look into grabbing a copy… and a BD drive…

7 Likes

http://mode5.net/Genesis_OST.html

4 Likes

Fucking hot

UNRAVEL THE WORLD OF JOHN MADDEN

2 Likes

Wasn’t there another Opoona post here somewhere? I listened to it all this time and some of it really reminds me of PSO1.

Musashiden 2 has awesome music, it’s by the guys who did Final Fantasy X - Uematsu.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

you, a common plebian: (anything by bjork)
me, a cultured intellectual:

2 Likes

i keep getting this stuck in my head, specifically the part at 0:48 - 1:08… that part is pretty jamming.

uhh, here’s roll’s theme from MvC because it’s also jamming.

and the rockman battle and chase theme.

more!

(yo i love that weird guitar jitter at the beginning that plays throughout)

man the rockman battle and chase OST is pretty wicked.

This
⠀⠀is
⠀⠀Wicked