Video Game Music Thread

I can’t watch well atm but skipping around for a minute, immediately thought of Elektroplankton! Not sure how relevant but looking forward to soaking this in later.

Yeah, that’s a good connection; music out of play

theres a bunch of really good music in this game

2 Likes

xtremely good and pure

I keep getting this stuck in my head.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes

this put me in a tecnosoft mood

2 Likes

Other video game boss battles: “let’s get some BWAAAAMP BWAAAAAMP in there and some DUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUHHHHH and just an assload of tritones”

FF14 be like:

2 Likes

if i recall correctly, the only way to hear Persona Mambo is to buy it at the Seedy CD at some point in the game, but before I had gotten it in-game, I found it when going through the files on the disc, and was like, “what the hell is this?”. the goofy, catchy mambo song only made persona 2’s world more enticing.
1 Like

Oblivion is so good that I ended up with a copy of the Primals album just because of it.

1 Like
1 Like

I GET LIVE IN A DARK STUDIO

2 Likes

I’m sure Yamane drew from Wood Carving Partita (the library)

and intentional or not, also hearing aspects of my favorite SotN piece Crystal Teardrop (especially :zeldaheart: the low, distant high reverb drums and that gorgeous, sprawling organ before the loop)

…to produce this, not quite my fav but a fantastic comp:

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

“I’m Back (to Rise)” and “Inferno” Cinder’s Theme, two of my most heavily rotated gym jams late 2017. Never played that KI but Mick Gordon does such amped work I had to check the ost out, pretty strong successor with a lot of varied and contemp high energy Kuts.

1 Like