Video Game Music Thread

Think I played Amplitude tons more than Frequency, is there anything better about the first one? Other than preference on the tracks?

And Gitarooooo Man 10 x more than any other music game (that’s not DDR). Maybe the first Ouendan behind it.

Still dreaming of an arcade w/peripheral setup for Gitaroo.

1 Like

Most peeps know BT’s Kimosabe from NFSU

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

OMG this rules! This is deep in the vindiagram overlap between my love of eneergetic whimsy and crunchy FM

Holy shit this whole OST

2 Likes

MTV had a pretty interesting music mixing game on PSone. MTV Music Generator.

I wish MS would bring Kameo back

y’all making me wanna play the shadow hearts games

1 Like

(n++ soundtrack)

2 Likes

The N++ soundtrack is so chill. I’m fond of this one:

2 Likes

dyad ost

1 Like

I’m such a David Kanaga fan, you might appreciate this if you haven’t seen it yet:

2 Likes

this is really cool. i’ve always thought of musicians as alchemists and it’s neat to see him apply those kinds of concepts to the way he creates. i’ve been meaning to go on his bandcamp to see what else he’s done so i guess my weekend is gonna be busy.

1 Like

His game, Oikospiel, is an implementation of these concepts of intense musical feedback for every friction (and also a modern labor/value interpretation of Tristram Shandy!). Highly recommended.

1 Like

gonna get this at some point
thank you!

I can’t watch well atm but skipping around for a minute, immediately thought of Elektroplankton! Not sure how relevant but looking forward to soaking this in later.