Videogame Music Thread

In my daily life, there are few genres of music which I can utilize as effectively as video game music. It’s just the sort of thing I love to put on in the background while I have any sort of work to do. I think it’s because unlike any other genre, video game music is designed to be listened to while you perform an intricate task. (Which is why I find the idea of a video game music concert kind of ridiculous.)

Anyway, talk about game music here. A rule: every single post must include a piece of your favorite game music.

2 Likes

When “Video Games Live” came to my area, it happened to be the special performance that they were recording for television and DVD. So it included a bunch of famous people and soloists. They put on a good show.

I think this is certainly the case for looped music. One-shot, triggered sounds however often make me stop in my (virtual) tracks to appreciate them.

Some of my favourite triggered audio comes from the CORE design Tomb Raider series, the first in particular. Nathan McCree’s soundtrack is incredible. Here’s an contemporary video from behind the scenes at Core with some great insight into his style at the time.

It’s in French but you can still make out the English audio track if you listen closely.

This is perhaps the greatest track from the OST:

1 Like
3 Likes

Some of that is basically Metalheadz releases, cracking

Affirmative. Merge incoming.

Smooth tunes here

2 Likes

I’m curious to see how many embeds this forum can take before the page starts to choke under the weight of HTML5.

Once a certain amount of posts appear old ones get unloaded, so should be fiiiine.

F-ZERO – MUTE CITY

F-ZERO CLIMAX – BIG BLUE

F-ZERO GX – NIGHT OF BIG BLUE

LOVE – KID

LOVE – MINIATURE MYSTERY

LEGEND OF ZELDA: LINK’S AWAKENING – SWORD SEARCH

1 Like

obligatory

4 Likes

I’ve no idea how to reply to people by selectively quoting them yet, so thanks to mothmanspirit for linking a Street Fighter EX tune. Every time I listen to tracks from those games I get kind of sad realizing how much more exciting modern Street Fighter tournaments would be if the matches were complemented by SFEX jams and not the junk the games (SF4/SF5/SFxT) have now that half the time sounds like music library non-stuff for transitional bits in a reality show about muscle cars.

1 Like

Post-Wii Era Nintendo has a pretty interesting kind of Chill going on

Are any of y’all familiar with S.S.B.? They rule and have a criminally small following on YouTube.

2 Likes

'ave some zuntata

1 Like

It sure does

1 Like

Obligatory Daddy Mulk post

2 Likes