Vampyr and punishment

I’m playing this on Switch. Very rough port. Been a while since a game paused for 2 seconds every 20 steps because I run too fast for the level to load. Eh, it’s playable.

As a new vegetarian who sometimes indulges in his craving for chicken and feel bad about it, I can fully empathize with a vampire story and love the palpable tension the protagonist experiences in every dialogue.

Unfortunately (layers of vampire metaphors incoming) I couldn’t help but look up on the internet that the devs didn’t have the fortitude to not

have the numbers of people you drink affect the ending; you get a bad ending if you drink enough people, even if said people are a blight upon their communities.

This is a bit of a problem because in combat you are a sort of unkillable stunlock god vampire preying upon useless humans and don’t really need that much upgrades, to be honest.

In short I don’t really have a reason to drink people, ever, as combat is easy and I know the game would be harshly judging me for it in secret. I like my Jonathan Reid a lot and don’t want him to get a bad end. The game’s tension sort of falls apart because of it

I love the protagonist, he’s unexpectedly very wise, calm, intelligent and humane. He carries the story on his shoulders. Also love how ashamed he is of eating rats

1 Like

How many districts have you visited? I’m curious if your complaint holds up after you’ve met everyone in the west end. Also… it’s not enough to just choose not to prey on citizens. There are other mistakes you can make.

I’ve seen three districts (almost destroying two of them by picking the worst choices!) so there’s one more. I am on my way to see the leader of a secret society.

There have admittedly been a few decent bosses, but I beat them all on the first try, and random guys and skals are easier than ever now that I added some blood draining properties to my main weapon

I picked the wrong choice in district #3. I have some regrets and some folks died, but at least the district itself is still struggling, even if it’ll never be stable again.