Umbrella Corp Free Demo July 22-23 (PS4)

steam needs to come up with some kind of thing where your outside of the game but can flag yourself as looking to play a multiplayer game. so every game with multiplayer doesn’t have to just die once they’re six months old. gta v has a thing like this while your in freeroam online. if they didn’t have that probably all the online modes would of been dead by now.

3 Likes

Umbrella Corps for PC, and many other PC games actually, hav ea feature like this. It’s called entering a lobby and then browsing the internet in a separate window.

I got it on PS4 and so far the population seems much better. I’ve had a full room for quite a while, filling up instantly even when people leave. Things are looking up! I guess PS4 was the way to go all along

I think I could sit in a max payne 3 lobby for the next ten years and never see the inside of a match again

For the three of us who may be still playing this Capcom has a blog they’ve been updating explaining the game mechanics and strategies. Some of this stuff wasn’t immediately obvious to me, like aiming down a sight/scope increases hearing acuity so you can hear people moving at longer ranges, or blue hitsparks means your bullets are penetrating zombies and continuing out the other side, or you can hold doors and shutters closed shut.

It is written by Chris Honda.

Capcom finally figured out how to save the game.

http://www.residentevil.net/ja/uc-girls.htm

1 Like

well its definitely converted me

1 Like

Free PS4 demo July 22-23 if anyone is interested: https://www.residentevil.net/en/ucadvice-20160721142000.html

There’s a free weekend on Steam + a sale but more importantly there’s a new update with a new mode, which means new goofy animations.

5 Likes

I’ll probably be playing this a little over the next … 18 hours.

Dunno why they emailed me about the demo but not the free wekend : /

this game is now £3.99 on PSN (at least in uk)
i hope some people start playing it again

Whenever RE games go on sale on Steam even if UC gets a discount too it’s never listed on the promotion’s main page.

A true black sheep.

1 Like

I like this game a lot.

Only played 1 life mode so far. No one’s ever in 4 Survivors.

I’m pretty crummy at it, so I get to watch things unfold on the map screen a lot. It’s kinda like watching a Frozen Synapse match.

I never really liked Mercenaries much, but I guess the zippiness and fun movement stuff make all the difference.

From my experience One Life is where it’s at. One Life and Multi-Mission are really different but I feel like the game works a lot better in the tense, methodical flow of 1 Life versus the infinite-respawn chaos of Multi-Mission. Still, the fast movement speeds can cause rounds to move very quickly while still retaining that feel. The more I played the game the more I saw strategies change in One Life where, as people figured out all the different areas you could safely get to at round start before seeing anyone, the beginnings of rounds turned into mad dashes to the location your team felt would counter where the opposing team would decide to move to. If you made the correct decision you could end the round in around 15-30 seconds since kills are extremely quick in this game. If you made the wrong one, then you probably lose right there yourself!

If you stalemate and you guys don’t find each other then it goes back to the slower movement as everyone has to play it more carefully since you don’t know where your opponent could be anymore. Camping at the spawn point works better or worse depending on the map but it’s a viable option too.

The game was already dead by the time 4 Survivors came out so I didn’t get to play a lot of matches in it, and the game itself doesn’t explain how it works either. Basically, it puts four players into darkened versions of maps, equips them with only handguns with flashlights on them, and no one has zombie jammers. You accrue points for killing zombies or picking up points that drop on the ground when a player dies. Whoever reaches the point goal first or has the most points when time runs out wins.

Where things get interesting is that there is a typewriter located in the stage. At random times during the match you’ll get a notification that a package has dropped somewhere on the map (and I think a hud has an icon that shows you of which direction the package is in) and inside the package is an ink ribbon. If you grab the ink ribbon and get to the typewriter you can, after a lengthy animation, save your points permanently (see a few posts above).

At the outset you can find everyone by listening for gunshots or looking for flashlights but when someone picks up an ink ribbon I think that notification icon still appears on everyone’s huds so they always know where you are. Then there is only one typewriter so everyone also knows where you want to go to cash in your points. So the typewriter room is an absolute blood bath but a good place to pick up points from dead people.

2 Likes

That sounds amazing.

I only knew about weapon restrictions, the no-jammers, and the fact that there were typewriters–not how they worked.