TV Party (Part 1)

i don’t watch supernatural but man i guess they are really out of episode ideas after 13 years lol

1 Like

I crashed a supernatural wrap party here a few years ago

it was OK

so i watched the new season of sense8 and it’s dumb and still maybe kinda racist but all the Nomi biz is grade-A nerdy trans dyke wish fulfilment and it’s really nice to see

also my gf and i watched the BBC Pride & Prejudice miniseries and wow i get so much more of it than i did in year 8

like the whole he said/he said w/ Wickham and Darcy hits close to home

the thing about american gods is that a scene with ian mcshane, gillian anderson, and crispin glover acting off of each other in a room surrounded by goofy high concept cartoons and weird demoscene-ass special effects is so intensely, personally, appealing to me that it almost makes me mad

8 Likes

apparently a friend of a friend just got promoted to lead set dresser on season 2 of riverdale

lmk what he should sneak in there

look all of this but honestly, at least the blimp. i doesn’t even have to be in reggie’s room just a toy blimp that says “good boy” would be the greatest thing in the world

5 Likes

will see what I can do

2 Likes

I’ve been recuperating from surgery all week and have run out of TV.

(Except american gods which I’m saving til… I’m in the mood? Idk)

So I started watching supernatural, having never seen it before. It’s sort of terrible but in a familiar, cw mallgoth kind of way that feels comfortable somehow.

Does it get better?

Does Dean stop being a creep towards women?

oh neat another season

It does get better! The yellow-eyed demon arc is something like 2-3 seasons worth and very much has a monster of the week flavour. Those can be hit and miss but with the large foundation of cryptids you’ll see some favourites (Flatwoods monster sadly does not get an appearance). Then the next arc is more grounded in following the main plot along, Sam and Dean get more fleshed out and the other main players are fun.

Just don’t watch further once that arc ends. The writers thought they could continue with the “bigger is better” trend but ran out of good ideas so it became very much a waffling caricature of itself, sparking off good episodes very occasionally. I have friends who have kept up and even they admit they’re only watching because of Sam and Dean (and Castiel).

Couldn’t tell you if Dean stops being a creep. Sam definitely descends from his “pious” pedestal, however.

1 Like

I was watching the Zombie Nightmare episode of mst3k and a quick phone search revealed that the babyfaced aquanet rapist was none other than producer/director Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum, Stranger Things).

I guess there are second acts in Hollywood, huh.

Everyone’s favourite schlockhop Thrones is back and I want to fistbump whoever decided to dress the Borgen guy like Russell Brand

Let there be the splatteriest murders without restraint

As if game of thrones wasn’t already the dumbest serious show ever, its creators seem to have one-upped themselves with their newest project:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/07/game-of-thrones-weiss-benioff-confederate-hbo-series

Confederate chronicles the events leading to the Third American Civil War. The series takes place in an alternate timeline, where the southern states have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution. The story follows a broad swath of characters on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Demilitarized Zone — freedom fighters, slave hunters, politicians, abolitionists, journalists, the executives of a slave-holding conglomerate and the families of people in their thrall.

D:

I love the header image vanity fair ran with

this is not a good idea

Hooooooooo boy.

Finished season one of supernatural and moved on to the next. Glad to see they got a bigger music budget and could license actual songs instead of playing ‘generic rock song #12’ on the soundtrack.

So far, I’m still digging it. It’s quick and dirty genre programming and is a fair bit smarter than it needs to be. It’s also a hilarious look at mid aughts pop culture. Sam rolling his eyes at Dean because he didn’t know what myspace is made me laugh pretty hard

I’m on Season 9. Let’s say that from S2 onwards, the pace will pick up quite a bit and it will be a rollercoaster of emotions until the end of Season 5.

And then, well, prepare for two seasons of absolute stinking bullshit. For 8th they got rid of the showrunner of the past two seasons and up to mid-season of 9, it has been pretty good.

The show has 12 seasons as of now, and 13th one is coming up!