TV Party (Part 1)

Watched the two eps last night. The skirmish was awesome. Been a while since I binge watched anything but I am addicted to this show. Watched up to ep 5 I believe which I believe wrapped up the whole Eros arc thing. That’s how you put a damn bow on shit and wrap it up.

1 Like

they really out here trying to reconstruct every abc lineup 1989-1999

1 Like

fingers crossed for a Step by Step reunion

Where’s my Max Headroom reboot y’all?

@sleazy how deep into “Urkel is an inter-dimensional being” lore are you

2 Likes

more than you even know

the first time he managed to recreate the entire song"do the urkel" through an impossible mixing of samples which

the second time on his cbs appearance he was just kind of wandering around as a weird cameo not even really in a full “urkel costume” just glasses

When is Hangin with Mr. Cooper coming back?

7 Likes

Handmaiden’s Tale is good

American Gods is the first time a screen adaptation of a book has been very similar to how I imagined it

I didn’t image the gallons of Mortal Kombat blood i suppose

4 Likes
3 Likes

Same here, casting and production design are both great.

But yeah it’s also kind of a hot mess. Emphasis on mess.

1 Like

I just finished the third book. they’re good but I liked this one the least cause it’s kind of just die hard on a spaceship the entire time. the beginning tells you about the ring and I wanted to see what was next from there already but your stuck dealing the bullshit first the whole book. the next one sounds more interesting though.

Apparently it’s the worst of the lot, to the point that people tend to recommend skipping it entirely for the next. Thankfully the series picks back up again.

For anyone interested, here are almost all the episodes of Richard Ayoade’s travel show. He’s very funny and the episodes are easy to watch while you make dinner or something like that.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8NrdOtsese1cWp4QXJTZ1RodU0

2 Likes

Yeah I cannot decide for the life of me if this a total Snyder-y carwreck or otherwise, like how many tones are fighting at once here?

A: All of them. Every single tone

2 Likes

If Kojima fell in love with Mads after his Hannibal work this thing may actually give the poor wee man heart failure

to be fair the literal swooping 360 rotations around an erect cgi penis of american gods are really only metaphor in snyder’s work

I can’t remember the last time I got into a sci-fi (or Syfy) show but the expanse is pt good so far. There’s some neat world building and the writing is above par for the genre.

abc is making a sitcom starring zach braff based on alex blumberg starting his podcast company and i

like i have enjoyed an amount of scrubs and gimlet media podcasts

but i am

repulsed by this

i guess i finally found my personal limit for twee quirk

4 Likes