TV Party (Part 1)

Kombawa

My gf has started downloading the first, japanese-only season of Terrace House, it’s her first time using torrents and it’s like watching me download FF5 back in the day

Supposedly it’s the best season, but I remember how back in the day people said that Tales of Phantasia was the best Snes JRPG. Fucking lies

2 Likes

cried watching the friday night lights pilot today

4 Likes

Friday Night Lights is kind of wonderful! Probably watched it like 8 years ago at this point but it’s hard to imagine it not holding up.

2 Likes

watching for the first time, can confirm it extremely does

1 Like

It’s got some uneven parts (like half of season 2) but the first season is great, and seasons 3-5 work pretty well to erase the worst moments, so yeah. So many characters from that show that I think about well after having watched it.

1 Like

Oh right I forgot about the s2 shit haha

1 Like

Yeah, between the pressure to GET MORE RATINGS (from NBC, which the writers have said led to the Landry plot that later got basically ignored (thankfully)) and then the writer’s strike (that ended up chopping the season short by like 5 eps), season 2 has Problems. There are good parts, even in the Landry plot, buuuut.

i want them to bring back total blackout so bad… it was hosted by sonic the hedgehog! he never once mentioned a chili dog so they gotta bring it back for the chili dog

ive been thinking about it because the internet finally realized how hilarious the concept is

i would also like a solitary reboot. i like EXTREME reality/game shows where people cant have interpersonal drama

TV party, huh.

If I get a dozen and a half of you to watch a show with me, would that be covid-19?

1 Like

we’re watching some kind of ted bundy show on amazon and theyre interviewing his little brother and hes such a weird little tweaker

1 Like

the way his step daughter describes him is so bizarre! ‘he could jump so high, he was always ready to spring into action more than other people, he could catch a falling cup without looking, like his senses were heightened, like an animal’

its the complete opposite of netflixs THIS IS A CHILD RAPIST AND MURDERER STOP HAVING CRUSHES ON HIM YOU DAMAGED PEOPLE, its all about WHY WE LOVED TED. i am so over everything ted bundy but the culture AROUND him is so weird

1 Like

maybe we shouldn’t have a culture around people like ted bundy at all

3 Likes

From Gareth Evans.

1 Like

I’d tie it with Boys and Girls in the City for best season. It’s definitely worth the trouble to torrent it. I’ll warn you that it starts really slow because it takes them time to figure out the formula. At first they don’t even have the panel! It is fun though to see them slowly putting together their core group of comedian panelists. Feels like you’re seeing the backstory of the show. Once they get going in earnest it is super entertaining throughout, and it’s got some of the best cast members the show has ever seen: Tecchan, Miwako, Daiki, and Seina are all all-timers.

1 Like

The weirdest part was immediately hearing some Oasis upon booting up the first episode - I later learned that the international releases of Terrace House replace all western songs with japanese ones. They know that the japanese aspect of the show is the appeal so they add even more japanese elements in it!

This is very funny to me because I’ve played Phoenix Wright and Persona 1, which removed any hint of japanese culture for the international release by replacing onigiris with burgers and changing people’s skin color

So far I’m finishing the current batch of Tokyo 2019-2020 episodes before moving to the first series, and I like it. Peppe, Ruka are incredible

2 Likes

The music choices in Boys and Girls Next Door are consistently really funny. Highlights include using Radiohead’s No Surprises as “admiring a rooftop sunset” music, and Santeria as the “theme for surfing” 1,000 times.

1 Like

I recommend watching the first episode after “Part 2” of Tokyo 2019-2020 rather than stopping where the Netflix episodes end (unless you’re OK being in limbo for a while). The current ending of “Part 2” is a bad cliffhanger, the first episode of “Part 3” is a far better resolution to several house members’ “Part 2” arcs and one of the best TH episodes.

1 Like

I have eight episodes left in my marathon rewatch of the sopranos and I definitely didn’t remember how much more performatively reactionary the characters get in their small talk as the bush administration goes on

at least the protestants don’t get to tony when he’s in the coma

5 Likes

rewatching the wire and im in season 2 and i still dont get how everyone hated this season when the show came out it might be my favorite season

im at the part where they kidnap the police van and send it dock to dock putting on bumper stickers and taking photos. what a good prank. fuck valchek

holy shit the stained glass he makes of himself like giving a hungry child food while a dove flies overhead is great, i want it but i want to be the hungry child and i want to be kicking valcheck in the nuts

3 Likes

the first 2 seasons of the wire are my favourite

3 Likes