TV Party (Part 1)

still can’t get over how apparently accidental season 1 being so good was

2 Likes

even though this feels a bit like discount guardians of the galaxy i feel like the scifi channel has not had this many proper weird aliens and weirdo costumes in a while

2 Likes

The neon blue & pink 80s vaporwave aesthetic is officially dead I think

1 Like

Ok, season 3 was pretty bad, but, they did this

2 Likes

I’ve seen this before but for some reason the editing is driving me crazy this time. What’s with all these rotating camera shots?

Everything about it absolutely sucks but it’s such a good song

2 Likes

With that song began my lifelong preference for synthpop over most other music.

And I still don’t understand why Michael Ende was so opposed to the film.

pcbe

I still maintain season 3 was at least watchably stupid, as compared to the dire season 2

4 Likes

watching this new high fidelity is sending me in a bad way

what

Yes, agreed, although the red scare stuff makes me want to dig out my own eyeballs

1 Like

Yeah, picking right now to do Russia shit in season 3 was some real lib shit.

I barely made it through 3 just out of exhaustion, even though it was better than 2. So yeah…another one.

1 Like

Same, I think the penultimate episode, my long running feeling of “sure this is a more than competent homage mash up of many yes beloved things and enjoyable” kinda melted down to “god I’d rather watch or check out a dozen other mediocre inspired by beloved nostalgia cult camps, or old diamonds in the ruff before coming back”

And the minutes I’ve sat down with any of it afterward, went through motions that mostly reinforced that…

1 Like

Silent Hill was such a largely derivative work, ultimately well distorted through, perhaps the sheer number of sources and translation across hemispheres that it settled into maybe an original composite

Stranger Things exists with a direct stewing that I only want those other ingredients instead.

The library finally had the HBO Chernobyl series available and so I checked it out and watched it over the past few days. It’s just as good as people say. Its tension and growing dread are more effective than most horror movies.

2 Likes

huh. wasn’t expecting that team-up

2 Likes

OK this is too much, we’re all enabling him at this point

this is not only erasure but now we got Italians out there practically contributing to antisemitism

catching up on better call saul in advance of s5 and I really love how much in it luxuriates in the world of small businesses

simultaneously grandiose and provincial and exhausting and feudal

works great as a quasi period piece too, of a time when these were still as fundamentally average in practice as they are in tone

I also love how the characters each tend to get one thing right a season and coast on it

4 Likes

you’re really selling the show to me here, small businesses are one of the most fascinating things to me. i kind of fundamentally believe that small businesses are just like any other power structure in that anyone who seeks to lead one should absolutely never do so but i do have a soft spot for em

2 Likes