TV Party (Part 1)

THIS

TIME

A reasonably even series! A good feeling of moderately uncomfortable about existence as things slowly go sideways. Alan was fairly straightforward, Nadia was more convoluted and I havenā€™t quite grasped how their themes connect.

i mean like, oneā€™s refusing to deal with her past and the other canā€™t accept his future, right?

Iā€™ve been watching season 2 of The Orville.
Itā€™s basically new episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation.
Itā€™s extremely faithful to the look of TNG. The stars moving past the windows look the same. The space ships move the same way. The sets are lit in a flat 90ā€™s tv way.
Itā€™s TNG in a lot of ways that it really doesnā€™t have to be.
Itā€™s also simple mostly episodic action adventure morality tales.
Itā€™s TNG in the good way.

I like it but in order to do that I have to skip every single character episode focused on Macfarlane

he constantly ruins his own show

2 Likes

Yeah, casting himself as the captain wasnā€™t a good choice.

Iā€™m not like the worldā€™s biggest BBC head but a month during which weā€™re getting new Partridge and Fleabag is truly special

I stumbled into a weird part of twitter called ā€œ#AccidentalPartridgeā€ and, as someone with a distinct but probably half-accurate idea of what Alan Partridge is, it basically functions as a showcase for British mediocrity and ineptitude on television and it is very much my scene. I canā€™t even tell if they are supposed to be specific jokes from the show that people are inadvertently reenacting in real life, or just likeā€¦ people being comically but not outrageously absurd ā€¦ itā€™s so weird

I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS ABOUT THIS

They include:

1. Iā€™m sad about the retcon, though I get it.
  2. Please have Richard Kind
  3. Please have Anne Ramsay
  4. Please, please, please be good
1 Like

Bring back news radio cowards

1 Like

Joe Rogan tho :frowning:

1 Like

That is precisely why it would be so hilarious. It would be so bizarre

OK maybe if they found a way to do it without paying him

They should just write his character off the show but then have a new character played by someone else who is like a parody of actual Joe rogan

1 Like

Hire the McElroys to do the new News Radio

Joe on the show was already like a 90s network TV-friendly parody of 2010s Joe Rogan???

Man, NewsRadio revival would be wild. Try hard to get Khandi Alexander and actually write good shit for her and then maybe donā€™t try too hard to get Jon Lovitz back (or better yet, have him not play Max Lewis, but a fourth guest character).

having Rogan or weird sex pest Andy Dick would be too weird but the characters are too important to the dynamic so obviously we need NewsRadio: The Next Generation with Vicki Lewis as Beth in the Jimmy James role

3 Likes

An even more eccentric Beth as the heir to Jimmy Jamesā€™s fortune is actually the greatest idea.

umbrella academy has the same energy as southland tales & iā€™m here for it

I saw something on Twitter this morning that mentioned Neo Marxists and I was like ā€œdamn, I want to watch Southland Talesā€. Between that and my not-so-hidden love of My Chemical Romance/Gerard Way, Iā€™m saying you have sold me on watching this.

1 Like