TV Party (Part 1)

I started thinking, ‘no, I meant the real town burning down’ but then I realized you were talking about the perfect synchronicity we now have between representational and historical. Amazing.

1 Like

they are doing a deadwood movie and a downton abbey movie and everyone involved with both productions is an utter coward for not figuring out a way to make them part of the same Prestige Drama Cinematic Universe

2 Likes

This webshow is about this premise (I promise)

I mean honestly it’s not great but I find its enthusiasm infectious

2 Likes

I love prozd’s vines and I’m glad he’s gotten to do something bigger.

I think the first two “seasons” are up officially on YouTube.

1 Like

I watched season 1 and 2 of Scream. It’s ok.
It’s pretty clear someone involved really wanted to be doing a Friday the 13th show.

Still haven’t finished watching the last season but hey this looks a neat thing that might be neat.

1 Like

Just finished watching Little Drummer Girl and it’s easily the best TV of the year for me. For those who don’t know it’s Park Chan Wook doing a John Le Carre’ adaptation and it’s excellent. We don’t deserve such nice things.

2 Likes

Tidying Up on Netflix is changing my gf and me’s life. we are going around thanking all the useless shit in our life before tossing it in the garbage. Turns out cleaning can be both fun and a religious experience. Thank you Marie Kondo!

catastrophe is back and catastrophe is still utterly wonderful

also I finished the long process of replacing all of my downloaded movies and TV with the highest-reasonable-bitrate-given-native-revolution available versions today, that was fun

no more “oh well I’m hanging onto this 720p rip” for me

oh wow the plot of the good place now is basically that everyone who is born is being tortured in hell because capitalism was invented and unfortunately heaven is run by chuck shumer and nancy pelosi :bangbang: i mean it’s real hamfisted but i’ll take it

2 Likes

speaking of real hamfisted satires that i will probably enjoy

1 Like

Realized I missed an episode of Black Mirror. I had watched every episode except Men Against Fire, so I watched it. What a downer of an episode. I thought it was good, but the theme hit hard.

Catastrophe is adorable and funny, although I would have said it was “too cute” for you had you not been the one recommending it.

what, really? it’s not at all cute!

gosh I’ve done such a poor job of representing my tastes

I dunno halfway through the first season I think they are adorable; how do I see this show through your eyes Felix???

I probably perceive people who mean well but make hasty decisions as “cute”. Plus they have good chemistry!

i just watched the adventure time finale finally and it was so good!

i wish netflix’s sex education gave me a little better excuse to listen to gillian anderson’s british accent

2 Likes

I watched a few episodes of Banged Up Abroad a.k.a Locked Up Abroad

It does dramatizations of real stories of westerners getting arrested and going to foreign prisons, but they hyper focused on westerners getting caught smuggling drugs. Every episode feels the same. It looks pretty good, but they often can’t shoot in the locations they are portraying, and often can’t cast actors from the countries the people are supposed to be from. The writers also love to throw in little portents for a superstitious audience. The show heavily panders to low-brow tastes and sensibilities.

A show about people getting caught doing crimes in exotic locations is a great premise, but this show really squanders that.

1 Like

have been watching Schitt’s Creek & Trigger Warning and I gotta say I like both of them way more than I expected

Ironically my low expectations for both are mainly because of the names of the shows, though for different reasons

anyway they are both better than their titles

1 Like