tri-Ace presents: Infinite Comedy Tropes Ocean 5 MK 2016

Maybe someone else that also played the game (someone should/has, right? …… right???) should weigh in here, but I’d definitly say YES, you will be in for creepy weird baby talk, or at least that’s what I felt like with that kid that tags along. I didn’t even touch the japanese language option, so I just can ytube the first best cutscene-result, and here you go

…… you can compare that to Star Ocean 5: The Movie

-cutscene collection.

i’d say then you better stay away from this. i was basically always busy staging cutscenes in a way that wasn’t supposed to be done this way* to distract myself from the unbearable animu-behaviour of some characters, especially of nursery teacher miki who drove me up the wall (or would have, if I wasn’t busy doing all sorts of emotes)

*: the emotes that are actually included in the game do look like someone knew that the story would be unbearable, and wanted to give these poor souls (that have to suffer through this experience) a chance to at least get some enjoyment out of the enforced animu-cutscene(s). especially bodybuilder posing and loitering around on the ground do serve not-too-many purposes other than making the player feel like he’s trolling the sequences. Of course, you can use them outside cutscenes as well, but why would you? You can battle dinosaurs or 12-foot-turtles then.

tl;dr-version: you really do have to enjoy this kind of gameplay, and I don’t think I can recommend it when I do not know your taste(s), sorry!