東方うつろ舟

sometime this decade?..

12 Likes

I would absolutely play a touhou inspired card game. I love these creature descriptions and the incorporation of more lesser known cryptids with the youkai. Are you planning work this into a digital or printable tabletop game or just a ruleset?

oooh

so many keywords, i love it. genuinely excited for this

so is there a graze mechanic

1 Like

if touhou had the aesthetic of this thread i’d be 1000% more into it.

index asked me to post the following verbatim:

5 Likes

it’s definitely a ciphertext but i haven’t broken it yet. if it’s just a mono- or polyalphabetic substitution then the special characters and/or the odd punctuation are breaking online solvers… but i do not want to do a frequency analysis by hand lol

i know i ran an arg that used ciphertext once but i promise this one isn’t my fault

1 Like

wrote a quick and dirty frequency analysis script, though it still has stuff like spaces and punctuation included because whatever

here is the output of that

: 1648
i: 889
t: 675
y: 618
m: 604
v: 568
u: 540
z: 506
e: 491
f: 337
b: 325
Ÿ: 310
‘: 309
ð: 309
: 309
k: 269
s: 238
h: 206
â: 204
a: 198
¯: 172
¨: 172
g: 163
o: 153
q: 134
l: 119
,: 90
r: 73
c: 63
.: 57
-: 53

: 42
€: 33
™: 27
p: 22
E: 16
w: 8
n: 7
_: 6
:: 6
": 6
¦: 5
d: 5
/: 5
;: 3
è: 2
æ: 2
ã: 2
U: 2
•: 1
–: 1
ˆ: 1
š: 1
Œ: 1
¹: 1
³: 1
±: 1
: 1
: 1
S: 1
I: 1
D: 1
A: 1
+: 1
': 1
Unique characters: 65

not sure how helpful this is to anyone

here is the raw text file i was given in case discourse is corrupting that post in ways im not noticing (entirely plausible glancing at that analysis output):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15PFfAD2xbPItpGAV-k1cX0rdu2XTnppX/view

This corpus has 1 document with 1,745 total words and 824 unique word forms. Created now.

Vocabulary Density: 0.472

Average Words Per Sentence: 290.8

Most frequent words in the corpus: [zm] (62); [hy] (52); [ift] (46); [m] (46); [u] (42)

it might still be monoalphabetic given:

• some letters are probably getting turned into n-grams (possibly just 2-grams), ¨¯ for example is probably one letter. but i don’t think all characters that show up an identical number of times are the same letter. the n-grams could be a character encoding issue

• a bunch of those characters show up exactly one time, i’m betting (aside from the +) it’s something in japanese

• something more complicated would be mean

1 Like

okay i definitely corrupted the thing when i pasted it into discourse the first time, just replaced it with what should hopefully be a cleaner version…

i’m not a cypher but please relay the message to index that i hope she is well!

she says she’s doing well

3 Likes

i don’t necessarily want to encourage everyone posting in inscrutable ciphers but in this case i am compelled to ask whether the corpus you were working with before posting it here had :eye:s where in the text there are strings like “blahblah:eye:blah”

yeah that shit is just broken, discourse is not my friend. it’s especially fun because it looks fine when i preview the post

i uploaded the raw text file upthread for people to look at and mess with

oh great, sorry lol