Star Trek Thread: Nemesis 2: Nemeses, etc. (Part 1)

So this thing is being done American Horror Story style right?

I’m placing my bets here:

Season 2: Undiscovered Country-era Klingon ship
Season 3: Post Voyager-era
Season 4: Mirror Mirror TOS-era
Season 5: Lower Decks-style TNG Enterprise D minor officers

1 Like

Season 2: Set on a non-federation ship Post-Voyager
Season 3: Klingon political intrigue for an entire season
Season 4: Mirror universe spies living on and spying on a Federation colony
Season 5: 29th century time cops

2 Likes

Season 6: Standard Star Trek mysterious artefact plot but stretched out and developed into an 8 episode season (think the relation between season 1 of the wire and the plot of a normal police procedural episode)

You know what would be revolutionary?

Season 1: Actually Good.

It’s true, it would be the first Trek series to have a season one that was actually good

Original Series had the best season 1

1 Like

Season 7 the end with final poker game featuring all the characters.

2 Likes

All the characters plus a holodeck Joe Piscopo.

1 Like

6 Likes

Why don’t I know the Rock’s role on Voyager!?

He’s in a single episode as a space wrestler, pretty easy to miss

1 Like

Spinal Tap guy and St. Elswhere dude were the only celebrity cameos I could recall. That picture had me raising my eyebrow.

I mean it’s Trek so I was already down but yeah cool choice

http://trekmovie.com/2016/11/23/breaking-michelle-yeoh-reportedly-cast-as-captain-han-bo-of-the-u-s-s-shenzhou/

3 Likes

The marine biologist from Voyage Home was almost an astrophysicist played by Eddie Murphy

3 Likes

I wonder what it’s like in the alternate universe where Eddie Murphy was in both Ghostbusters and Star Trek IV. Would there still be a Pluto Nash…?

I got Beyond on disc and I’m amazed at how much of a fucken baby I am for spacefaring idealism. I’m getting choked up at all of the “let’s work together, we can do it!” corniness.

i like how weirdly affectionate Beyond is for the ENT era for some reason

I really, really like the reveal of Jaylah’s “house.”

When she said she learned English from her house I parsed it as, like, a House as in a family or social structure lol

1 Like

Newish to the forums and noticed this gem of a thread. Love Star Trek. I am an unabashed fan boy when it comes to this darn show. I like everything, even the bad stuff. Going through Enterprise right now and even though I absolutely hate everything time travel I am fine with everything else. Malcom and Hoshi are crap, but I like Dr. Flox and Trip. I will also echo that DS9 is pretty much the best thing ever.

flox is god

flox is like the anti-neelix and he is perfect

how far into the series are you at this point? it gets a lot better after season 2 imo

1 Like