Star Trek Thread: Nemesis 2: Nemeses, etc. (Part 1)

I have been watching Enterprise and I actually really like it. Scott Bakula is perfect casting. what a dweeb!

and that theme song… oh my god that song. it will stay with me to my dying day, I’m sure.

2 Likes

Plus Jolene Blalock is the hotness…

yeah! and wtf was up with that early scene where she and Trip are rubbin’ each other down? that was HAWT, I hope they DO IT at some point

they do

1 Like

excuse me while I feverishly binge watch until that part

They keep changing up the theme song in really pointless ways every season, it never gets any better

it’s been a continuous soundtrack to my mind since I first heard it. I’ve come to love it, sincerely! it’s a masterful piece of schlock.

1 Like

just watched the Tuvix episode

that was fucked

I’m really enjoying the batshit premises and then the sudden climactic twist out of nowhere that seems to be a pattern. May have cried at the end of the one where Tuvok dads some kids

lot of techno-babble tho, no kidding

1 Like

Given the success of the new movies how is Trek not lined up for a new BSG-style “prestige” series?

It is, being made by that guy who did the Hannibal tv series (and a bunch of episodes of Voyager lol)

Oh. Well. Turns out I’m at least as smart as some fancy pants Hollywood producer.

It’s going to be anthology seasons too.

I just got out of Star Trek Beyond.

This movie rules so hard.

1 Like

It’s so nice to just have a movie get the details right. The cluster of coincidences that creates the conflict in the first act is even roughly accounted for by the third. I’m no Memory Alpha faux engineer but the technobabble is on point. Every named character has natural opportunities to do their job. The winks and nods are no longer exclusively The Thing They Said Before (On The Show). Character traits absent from 09/ID are back and played low key.

The secondary characters get to shine like in Fast & Furious. Also like F&F the breaking off into pairs gives room for relationships to breathe apart from yelling on the bridge. Karl Urban is all over this movie. Sofia Boutella’s alien woman kicks ass like Gal Godot and Michelle Rodriguez in F&F, but is also more competent than any single crew member.

The fireball from the trailer is the result of a very “Star Trek” solution to a problem. I cried laughing. My snarky dismissal of Yorktown’s… fundamental structure slapped me across the face in the finale.

Most importantly this is a lighthearted, optimistic movie about an exploratory mission of a communitarian interplanetary government and not a disaster movie wearing Star Trek’s clothes.

1 Like

do they blow up the ship again

The improvement is they only blow up the ship.

They go through enterprises so quickly now. It would be nice to have a ship last more than a film. I will see this movie.

I feel like this thread just became about scrubbing the bottom of the barrel with trek, the sexual tension of Enterprise that even pissed off the cast members, Tuvix, the new movies.

For so long I wanted more Start Trek, but now with the new show around the corner it feels more like a threat than a treat.

1 Like