Star Trek Thread: Nemesis 2: Nemeses, etc. (Part 1)

IT’S BEEN A LONG TIME

2 Likes

The only way I can understand Discovery at the moment is as some kind of worst case scenario combination of Enterprise and DS9. Really hoping for more of the latter and less of the former. But not looking good.

1 Like

It looks pretty obvious that over half of the staff on this show is only pretending to have ever stayed awake through an entire episode of Star Trek and they probably fired bryan fuller because he insisted that his writers use something other than the memory alpha wiki as a reference

It’s like a simulacrum of a Star Trek

Maybe I’m just a jerk tho

1 Like

Probably more insidious than every nerd thing becoming a big franchise is every big nerd franchise becoming so inbred. Usually it shows up through casting, but this is a new front. They totally told the composer to make it sound like Game of Thrones.

what is this show

4 Likes

…the fuck?

how is any of this happening

can’t wait for seth mcfarlane and CBS all access to bring me whatever the fuck

I was all set and ready to hatewatch this buuuuuuut

star trek actor seth macfarlane is not behind the new trek he is making his own show called the orville

oh!

it is possible the orville might be generally trek-ier than star trek discovery though which is a weird thing

no one knows anything about discovery though because they aren’t sending out review screeners

You know, it must be nice to have the kind of clout that lets you cast yourself as the lead in your Star Trek fan series and get a major network to fund and broadcast it.

2 Likes

Are we sure Bryan Fuller actually quit this and is not just fucking with us?

I hear they are going to visit Poochie’s home planet in this one

4 Likes

That’s The Orville, on FOX. Y’all keep getting 'em mixed up!

1 Like

I thought this was going to be about the USS Shenzhou with Michelle Yeoh playing the captain.

Star Trek Discovery being about The USS Discovery captained by some guy sounds way less interesting.

I thought the black lady in all the pictures was the captain?

1 Like

the uss discovery had a glass ceiling installed

3 Likes

she’s the main character but she’s a first officer on her way to a captaincy who gets transferred from michelle yeoh’s ship to jason issacs’ ship

1 Like

well you know kirk and mccoy on tos were on about how women had unstable emotions and that’s why they weren’t allowed to be captains

obviously in season 7 of discovery michelle yeoh will be demoted and the main character will get a command because of a clerical error since her name is michael

3 Likes