Star Trek Thread: Nemesis 2: Nemeses, etc. (Part 1)

man discovery has had a really wild behind the scenes

http://trekcore.com/blog/2017/07/new-ew-issue-details-bryan-fullers-discovery-departure/

this internet television show is rated TV-MA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iET_IAsPsQk

Nonstop exploding heads.

seth macfarlane’s new fake star trek show is produced by brannon braga and has a lot of TNG talent behind the scenes and the reviews all seem to indicate it is an actual drama that is somehow even more warmed over TNG than like the first season of Enterprise except sometimes they make a dirty joke or a pop culture reference and I am fascinated by this terrible concept

2 Likes

There are some places I cannot boldly go.

2 Likes

man i also saw this weird even cheaper trek comedy knockoff on amazon

and paul scheer’s showrunning a galaxy quest tv show

too much fake trek

anyway they should bring back other space that was pretty good

3 Likes

I saw Koenig at a comic con a couple months back and he was totally downgraded to one of the smallest tables. Every time I walked past he was just sitting there alone.

It looks like all that waiting around in comic cons paid off because Nobility’s casting director appears to have picked people at random from one. There’s a bunch of Stargate people in here too.

And from looking up some of the people I don’t recognize, I find Tim Russ got his own Trek knock off too!? Beats going back to Spaceballs, I guess.

The way that alien lady’s uniform - skin - hair matches the colors of the other uniforms is driving me insane

1 Like

the contours of the skin boy next to her are something to puzzle over too

What’s up with that one bootleg Star Trek where all the characters are played by bit voice actors from Dragon Ball?

Though if they ever do make Spaceballs Episode III: The Search for Episode II he would probably get a lot of mileage out of returning with a call back to his one line

1 Like

“star trek continues” has decent enough production quality and story to the degree that a few episodes in I basically could mentally accept it as new TOS

like you can’t really replace the original actors (although the kirk is extremely well realized, much more than chris pine) but every other element is about as close to a season 4 as you could get?

2 Likes

wait is this that Galaxy Quest show?

Landry goes to space? (feat. Chewing Gum & The Mother?)

it’s an upcoming episode of black mirror weirdly enough

woah, neat

i don’t like it

this is just the game of thrones theme

3 Likes

sounds like a temp track they’d use for the movie arrival or something

enterprise choosing a weird song from patch adams was a better choice tbh

still no idea what to think about the show but this article captures how i feel about the marketing and almost everytime anyone involved with it talks about it

1 Like