this....is....my....SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I remember originally they wanted to cast Dwayne The Rock Johnson as the main character in the movie that would eventually become Jet Li’s The One. this is the perfect time to do a sequel where the Ur-rock has grown super strong and chased al other versions of the rock down and killed him, ending in a final showdown with the Fast and The Furious version of the rock pitting his army of Dom clones against the most perfect version of himself.

this could be a ovie where the rock slide drifts an old Datsun into a cloaked stranger, only to have them suplex the very car he’s riding in. the camera pans over, and the rock has just suplexed the car that Dwayne Johnson is driving

imagine the zombie wall from world war z, but just an unstoppable army of vin diesels at his baldest and simultaneously buffest / most chinned

1 Like

the twist is charlize theron turns around and she’s been that woman from the first movie…from earth 3 and she tells Dom where he’s really from.

Chronicles of Dominic

it’s a shame this will probably be forgotten by the time pulitzer season rolls around again

1 Like

also i just realized that the next one could potentially be called

THE FINE AND THE FURIOUS

it’s going to be horrible trying to think of new reasons to keep living after this comes out

1 Like

Pacific Rim 2!

It was wild when Dom steals a Metal Gear at the end to ransom the world for Han’s body.

Brother, it’s been too long.

2 Likes

So I’m pretty sure that these movies are just the American version of the same thing I enjoy in the Yakuza games.

2 Likes

I think F8 does a nice job of setting up potential plotting. Cipher survives and we learn that the Shaws were both working for her because of blackmail. The Shaws are forgiven and welcomed into the fold. If Justin Lin comes back for 10 I bet they bring back Han if not Gisele as well (let’s hope Wonder Woman and Justice League bomb) to seek revenge against the Shaws and Dom’s team for welcoming them. In 9 they have the Cipher character (who is exactly Blofeld) to ransom the world.

We got nukes, been graduated from EMPs.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Michelle Rodriguez fights that one very particularly mustached/bearded bald burly stuntman that’s in everything these days but F. Gary Gray’s camera jerked around too much for me to be absolutely sure.

Clint Eastwood’s talentless son is always a mistake, even if he’s playing a dumb square g-man.

Brian was missed.

1 Like

[spoiler]
“Words ain’t been invented yet”

Spoiler: The words are “welcome him with open fucking arms”[/spoiler]

I’m into how Hobbs is just becoming the Hulk but not green except the verbal hyper-masculine outbursts have stopped being amusing to me in their extremity.

Maybe they could have just not had him say “bitch” a bunch in this one?!

Also the fridging was predictable and unfortunate. I think the familia could have managed that level of complication. No need to round off the edges like that, gosh.

i saw this today too

it has been snowing for two days but was sunny and warm today so we walked downtown to the theater there

on the way there there was almost no ice in the river and it was moving really fast, on the way back only a couple hours later the river was full of ice and snow and it was all getting clogged up and stuff where the shoreline curved

the movie was good i had totally forgotten that helen mirren was actually going to be in this one and when she appeared i got kind of giddy

i love that these movies are so consistent and sincere in their dorkiness, they are the polar opposite of how boring james bond / jason bourne / etc. movies are these days

a question i am afraid to ask myself is: what would i be willing to give up in exchange for a mission impossible vs. the fast and the furious movie.

like at this point would it just be tom cruise literally hanging onto a soyuz headed for the international space station while muscle cars are being launched at him from giant pneumatic cannons

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

This felt like the OAV for this season of fast and furious.

2 Likes