The Shooting 20XX Part II: Simple 1500 Series

Speaking of shooters that are on Android-- How are the Ray* ports?

1 Like

I can vouch for Rayforce as being every bit as good as the iDevice release. CAVE-style treatment with seperate “arcade-accurate” and 1:1 touch movement modes. Expensive for a mobage, but worth it imo.

2 Likes

Can’t speak for Android, but the iOS versions also have Bluetooth compatibility and Taito openly advertises specifically being able to use switch joycons for some reason. The touch movement is great though and sort of makes me wish every shmup had been ported to mobiles to allow for that.

2 Likes

This hit the States yesterday, when’s it coming to Europe?

i don’t know D:
it’s easy to set up multiple psn accounts for different regions, though

no word on a euro release so far
for us psn payments if you want to go down that route the best option would be making an amazon.com account with a us address (for ‘digital’ goods they don’t bother checking if the address on the card matches the one you provide) and buying credit from them at no markup, this was how i bought all my games pre-brexit

how did the cave stuff on steam turn out?

I have Deathsmiles and Mushihimesama, and both are pretty OK, but there is some minor screen tearing in them that I could probably fix if I tried but eh. Pretty much just seem like they are just the Xbox ports, but buttons got pressed on them to PC port. I haven’t picked up the DDP port yet, but I’m betting largely the same.

Can anyone who’s played Raiden V tell me if it’s worth 30 bones (launch discounted from $35)?

I generally like this series (even 3!) but this seems steep.

The only red flag about it is that Raiden V matches its frame rate to your monitor’s refresh rate. So if you have one of these super-doop 144hz+ gaming monitors, holy shit are you going to have a bad time. I’d imagine it’s going to get patched at some point, but I haven’t heard anything as of yet.

1 Like

TOMORROW.

I made noises for it!

3 Likes

I don’t have any metric for the quality of these games, but what are the good S.H.M.U.P.S. for the PS4

I don’t have the PS4 version but I can vouch for Battle Garegga being a terrific game on its own.

The PS4 version is probably the best possible of BG so yeah, that.

ps4 garegga allows you to track all those variables worth caring about.

ps4 has all of housemarque’s games: super stardust ultra, resogun, nex machina, etc.

tempest 4000 is coming soon.

How did Raiden V turn out? That’s on PS4 too, at least in the States. Still no show of Battle Garegga on European PSN.

Battle Garrega is god tier.

Raiden V is too much money still. Edge thought Resogun was one of the best games ever. It was okay. Caladrius is also okay.

Wild Guns Reloaded is pretty awesome.

ADK Damashii has twinkle star Sprites.

PS4 is another place you can buy Metal Slug 3.

I would need to check my PS4 honestly!

i like raiden v a lot and feel that i’m the only person who isn’t really good at the game who cares about it. it is a huge step up from iii and iv, and it’s getting a lot of hate from strange and questionable sources, and i’ve spent the last few weeks going on about it at length. it’s worth the full $59.99 all the time.

6 Likes

Y’all should pay attention to DEVIL ENGINE.

I’ve been following the dev’s progress in the shmups discord for a while now, and it looks super promising!

3 Likes