The Playstation Vita is More Than 10 Years Old

What about using it also as a little emulator box thing to play the roms and such from systems up to PS1 on my TV? Kind of lacking one of those currently and would be cheaper then even getting a Raspberry Pi all set up I think.

there’s a number of emulators, both Vita native and PSP, that you can run as well a native port of RetroArch

Seemed that way. How well does it scale to a 4k TV though? Just realised that the output isn’t even 720p which might be hmm…

sonic racing transformed

and yeah ridge racer is disgusting. There is leveling there as well.

Was it just Europe where they removed the psp ones from the ps store?

probably the height of my stupid love affair with the vita was importing one of the sony 64gb sd cards for a dumb amount of money which is funny in retrospect because i mostly use it to play like, 300mb ps1 jrpgs. i’ll always love my japanese white vita with all my heart, it’s the best handheld ever made

i recently found out there was a japan-only dynasty warriors gundam game on vita
it’s fairly cheap online too~

1 Like

if you’ve played dynasty warriors gundam on ps3 it’s the same game, which admittedly fucking rules to have on a handheld

1 Like

Japan to stop production of the Vita soon. Will buy a Famitsu tomorrow to report on the upcoming library if any Post-Catherine.

2 Likes

Gotta admire Famitsu for continuing to list “Shin Megami Tensei (announced)”.

It looks like the Vita has a dozen or so dating sim and anime garbage* from here on out. I guess that “Is it wrong to pick up girls in dungeons?” Is getting a game.

The 3ds has Daisakusen and Yarn Kirby. That is also the only confirmed releases for the 3ds.

*- look maybe it is good anime garbage but I got bored reading half these titles and refreshing twitter is definitely better than figuring out if any of these are any good.

There’s also a downloadable title called Mobile Ball coming in Spring from mixi (which is really odd)

I just realized mixi still existing in any copacity is insane.

Monster Strike is the only reason they’re still around.

2 Likes

:0

considering how most ps3 games are dirt cheap on psn now, i’m hoping the same will happen to the vita in time

1 Like

Same, there are still some launch titles at launch prices on PSN.

Also wish they’d lift some of the “compatibility” restrictions for some PSP and PSone games that do work on the Vita but PSN insists they don’t.

that’s pretty much a US/EU thing, if you go on JPSN, everything just works

nevermind modding

If I mod I lose Oh Deer and Tuffy.

But I don’t wanna

Good night, sweet prince.