the oa

this went up on netflix a few days ago. i’ve watched 4 episodes so far and it’s pretty good.
it’s about a blind girl who went missing for seven years, then when she was found, she was no longer blind

the show is actually about her relating her life story to five people in an abandoned house over the course of several nights?

i’m enjoying it

i thought about this one but reviews complained about it being an unrewarding LOST-like so i’m hesitant

My wife has been watching this. I only saw parts of the first episode. I was kinda digging the suburbia hell hole presentation they had going on though.

i’m tempted to watch this because sharon van etten has a minor role in it (i’ll be fully convinced if anyone describes her role as anything more than minor)

finished part 1 of this last night

idk if it’s necessarily entertaining, and it’s certainly treacly in its pace and tone and mild cloyingness, but it’s been extremely good to watch while in the middle of an extended sit-and-think-about-my-trauma-responses

oh, i finished part two a few nights ago. i’m left with more questions that i guess i’ll have to wait until like 2022 to get any answers to

yeah when was the first one made? i know it was after the new google logo but i forget when that happened. French’s shattered iphone 4/5 doesn’t tell us much coz i definitely had one of those until like a year or two ago

i’m kind of annoyed i let myself read the synopsis for part 2, or even for waiting until part 2 was confirmed before i watched part 1. that ambiguity at the end was real good

it came out december 2016