The Expanse: Buttsteroid Miner Tycoon 3D

spoiler

1 Like

Really starting to like that kid.

Holy fucking ballnuts was this latest ep a good one.

This is some season finale shit and they’re only halfway through the season.

that was the end of the first book

some space labor fun facts

1 Like

Hell yes space comrades

I feel like this is the beginning of real life Star Trek

I love that their strike changed NASA’s policies permanently but they were still so bitter that they never let the team fly again.

1 Like

Update on Season 3: This show is fucking phenomenal. It is getting INTO IT this season. “Assured Destruction” was wild.

Spoilers:

In related news, Sci-Fi straight-up cancelled this show because they realized they could get as many viewers for Killjoys for a fraction of the cost.

Desperately, desperately hoping Netflix or Amazon picks it up, because I have not seen a sci-fi show this good since early BSG.

If the Nice Cops show gets saved but not this I’m going to be Mad

Real good read.

Short version:

The series seemingly got the axe because of a complicated rights deal that put an inordinate amount of pressure on the show’s live-TV ratings to make it worth it for Syfy. Deadline reported:

“The cancellation decision by Syfy is said to be linked to the nature of its agreement for the series, which only gives the cable network first-run linear rights in the U.S. That puts an extraordinary amount of emphasis on live, linear viewing, which is inherently challenging for sci-fi/genre series that tend to draw the lion’s share of their audiences from digital/streaming.”

BOOM

AMAZON PICKED IT UP

Thank fucking god.

The show is apparently a favorite of Amazon CEO (and absurdly rich dude) Jeff Bezos, so he could make anything happen if he just threw enough money at it. The Hollywood Reporter story says that Bezos was already “livid” that the show had gone to Syfy in the first place, since he’s a “big fan of the book,” and he had already the show’s streaming rights (at least in the United States).

2 Likes

This might be a good test run for the Consider Phlebas adaptation Amazon is planning. I hope they can pull it off.

thrilled to see how OC Bez Jefos inflects the series

1 Like

i’m just now catching up on this show and i’m just posting in agreement that it is good as hell

This season’s been more plot-heavy than previous arcs, but I’m still completely sucked in. A lot of hard sci-fi deep space problems lately.

in case anyone didn’t know, the setting of the expanse was originally for a table top roleplaying game and the guy who wrote it tried to get it turned into an mmo but that didn’t work out so one of the guys who played the game with him was like “I’ve written some books, want to write some books with me about this” and both those guys also write for the show too.

so that’s why the setting is so thought out and also why holden comes across more as a videogame protagonist running around taking quests than as a person

I recently watched this seasons book 2 episodes (prax and his kid), waiting to watch the book 3 (the slow zone) ones til it’s all done. that was my least favorite book but I’m betting it comes across way better on the show. for one it seems they’re just doing it all in half a season. the book just seemed to drag on forever, even though I think it’s a shorter one? especially that 2nd half, which going by the summaries looks like it’s just going to be the final two episodes.

anyway I caught back up on the books while waiting and they only get better and better from here, and they seem to keep blowing up the status quo in unexpected ways every couple of books.

2 Likes

Speak of the devil:

https://t.co/v5EISBbGxq

I ripped the spacebar music from season 3 episode 1 cause I had to have it

3 Likes

HOLY FUCK FINALLY

DECEMBER 13TH BABY

3 Likes

Christ it’s going to be a long wait.