The Beautiful Game: Let's Learn More About Each Other Through Combat - We Gonna Play TORISBASH! 5/28 @ 9PM EST!

it’s just actually a shit game

2 Likes

worse than overwatch, somehow

1 Like

Overwatch’s game numbers are at least hyperfocused to feel good at as many seconds of gametime as possible. Fortnite has the inherent flaw of being a battle royale game. It still has the stapled-together building mechanics that are the actual game’s test of player strategy.

2 Likes

some of our restricted loadout destiny 2 deathmatch setups have been really cool!

1 Like

A question:

Would anyone be interested in playing the 3 year old version of my deathmatch Zeldo (The Moon Fields) on Parsec? I’m like… going through some stuff, The Moon Fields as it is is like… dead… but I miss playing that thing, so, yeah

Yeah?

3 Likes

I would absolutely run Custom PUBG matches for anybody who’s interested.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! These are all fabulous suggestions.

Ideally games will be:

• Free.
  • Easy to play online.
  • Easy to spectate.

In my experience peer-to-peer Parsec is kinda fussy so I dunno about using it for anything to action-packed, or anything that might require switching players often. From what I’ve read it’s much smoother if you have it running on an AWS server or something but those cost money and I don’t got none of that so it’s kind of a no-go.

I think anything playable on Fightcade is doable. At least arcade stuff. My experience with console games is limited to playing Bases Loaded with Cania and that shit desynced so hard we were playing different innings. And that kinda rocked. But I don’t think such an experience would work well with a sport other than baseball.

One game I would REALLY like to do is Herzog Zwei. I refuse to believe anyone actually knows how to play that game. I think everyone is just pretending. I would love to do a stream where a HZ lover explains the game while we watch some novice players duke it out.

Do any of you really love Herzog Zwei or do I gotta go over to IC for that

Also if we are going to do things like fighting games I would like to make it either a grudge match format, where two players who know the game well play long sets, or a tournament. Will there be prizes? Sure, let’s pretend there will be, just ignore that we’re 4 months since the Dota thing and I still haven’t drawn a single Cheetah Girl it’ll happen eventually okay.

Anyway please feel free to make more suggestions, especially if it is a game you are very passionate about and would like to do commentary for. Especially if it’s a game other people unjustly hate, like Dota. Thank you!!

6 Likes

Also someone please answer this question, otherwise I’m just gonna have to hold a Select Button Fire Pro Wrestling sim league

shrug do you still have your wrestlers…

3 Likes

God I would never do this as I don’t play games online any more (no offense to anyone here, if I were to play with anyone it’d likely be with you fine folks) but I always wanted to see an actual four player game of Aerobiz Supersonic or M.U.L.E. take place.

2 Likes

I’ve seen people play these games online via Parsec so it is very doable, but it likely costs moneys to do so.

1 Like

Oh GIF I kept threatening to play M.U.L.E. and Aerobiz at previous SB Meetupz but didn’t follow through. These are perfect thank you

Who wants to spend 8 hours playing these games online please let me know thank you

1 Like

I think even after trying to push through the tutorial in the switch version Herzog Zwei proved to me that even in their raw primordial form i am not cut out for mobas.

5 Likes

I like Herzog Zwei! I’ve only ever played against a computer so I’d be excited to see two uninitiated humans duke it out. M.U.L.E. is another one that I like a lot but have only played against PC. The games aren’t even that long! It’s a bit like Catan.

3 Likes

gemstone iv boulder duels, games free now

5 Likes

FWIW I did once get to play a three player game of Aerobiz for a couple hours thanks to a local rental place and while we started with the noble idea of each taking our own part of the world as our own we quickly began trying to undercut each other’s most profitable routes and just be as big of jerks as possible to one another. With two players competition and retaliation is very tit for tat, but with three players it became much more scheming and paranoid heavy, would recommend.

7 Likes

Vantage Master Online is free and seems like it could be very fun in a PVP setting.

4 Likes

I’m very anxious to communicate with others via my eyes, ears, mouth, and fingers. When can I expect to shake hands with my rivals?

1 Like

oh oh worms armageddon, it;s on gog so essentially that means it’s free (wink wink)

5 Likes

This sounds like a good time.

I feel like turn-based games give everyone just enough time to talk shit about how long it takes me to make a decision and conclude my turn.

4 Likes

Good question.

Maybe Friday evening?

I still haven’t settled on a first game. I may just put up a poll. Currently leaning towards doing some Neo Geo games first just cuz I know that’ll be easiest.

One thing I would like to do is have people “call in” during the “broadcast”. Have I mentioned that already? I would like for this to be a community effort. I wanna hear everyone sounding off. I want you to talk trash! I want to hang up on you for talking trash! I want to have to eventually switch to using a seven second delay cuz things get too rowdy!!

I want a lotta things. I’m maybe getting too ambitious.

5 Likes