tell me about some j-rock maybe

Now on bandcamp!!

And new MV

3 Likes

Mass of The Fermenting Dregs doing another Canada tour, with Next Music From Tokyo. So, there should be a few other bands on tap.
https://m.facebook.com/#!/story.php?story_fbid=1116944505147278&id=550428521798882

*you can see the line up here
https://www.nextmusicfromtokyo.com/

Somebody uploaded the tracks individually, to YouTube. I have linked them in order.

dir en grey’s new album has dropped.

balloon at dawn has really grabbed me lately.

here’s a song called “new sea”:

here’s an album if you liked that:

2 Likes

Elephant Gym, a solid math rock band from Taiwan, was on Audiotree recently:

I recommend checking out some of their albums. They have some fresh sounds for the genre, which has gotten a bit tired, IMO.

Chirinuruwowaka put out a new PV because they are releasing a new album May 10th. This marks their 10th release. Which means Yuu has written and recorded 21 albums of material, in about 19 years. (1 solo album. With Go!Go!7188: 8 original albums and two cover albums. And with Chirinuruwowaka: 9 original releases and 1 acoustic album. Although half of Chiriwaka’s aren’t full albums, at 6-7 tracks.)

The mood reminds me of the songs they did for those Atelier videogames. (I think they did 3 songs for that series)

Their last 3 releases have been good, if not great. So I’m hoping the trend continues.

Also, this is the first time I’ve ever seen Yuu holding a Les Paul.

BTW, I confused these guys with Mouse on The Keys. Which is kinda funny, due to the cartoon relationships between Elephants and mice! But i think my comments still stand, for Elephant Gym.

Mouse on The Keys leans more toward the post side of things. And with a jazzier flair.

Also, here is this year’s “Next Music From Tokyo” lineup and tour dates. “Next Music From Tokyo” is an annual Canadian tour for Japanese artists.

No big names this year. Maybe someone will become a new classic?!

1 Like

I think this is the first time Chirinuruwowaka has ever released 2 PVs for one album:

Yuu doing a solo acoustic of this song

2 Likes

Number Girl live in 2019 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Its been 17 years since their last live.

2 Likes
1 Like

y’all this song and video are really really good

2 Likes

maximum bubble

Super group Losalios is doing a one month tour in October. I think they had a one-off reunion last year. But otherwise, they haven’t been a proper functioning band, for about 18 years. I think their last big lives were in 2001.

Tokie the bassist, is one of two reasons I play bass.
Also features Takashi Kato of Tokyo Ska Paradise, on guitar.
And legendary drummer Tatsuya Nakamura

Those are the core members. Sometimes they have guests. On an early album or two, they had a sax player.

I’ve been listening to this album ( Taiyou no Inu Ma ni) a lot, lately. Its really good. One of Chiriwaka’s best (Their 1st album “Iroha” is their best). And its been really easy to listen to over again, on different days.

4 releases ago, Their second guitarist left the band (he joined on the second album). And I think its been better for their music. Yuu is back to doing her own thing. Their last 4 releases have all been good. Of these 4, Showtime and Nonfiction were also standouts. Showtime might actually be my fave of the 4.