tattoo thread

I’ve got the poincare disk model on my shoulder.

I kind of want to fill out the rest of that arm with penrose tiling but I can’t decide on a good way for the tiles to be rendered.

1 Like

###geometry

###disassociation

1 Like

I kind of want another tattoo but since I’ve already done the plain black text thing I feel like it’d need to be actual color art and I just can’t think of anything I’d want

EXCEPT THE INSIGNIA OF THE FREE RASALHAGUE REPUBLIC

But honestly even I’m not that much of a nerd

(Would love a bumper sticker tho)

really really interested in getting a “nature intersecting with geometry” tattoo

also probably going to get a tattoo related to my book when it’s done given how long i’ve worked on it and how much of an impact tabletop has had on my life at this point

3 Likes

those are pretty. i’ve seen someone in the neighbourhood with ink like these. the first pic, i think i saw that exact tattoo on a bartender i know up the street. maybe same person. p cool stuff.

i’m also all about lines but especially thin ones, they blur hard as you get older. But, line art tends to be cheap! that + science is why i went for what i went for.

the plan is substance p(have this already) + oxytocin on my upper arm and dopamine(have this too ouch)+serotonin+acetylcholine+GABA+norepinephine on the forearm, plus i guess whatever else fits like on my hand or what not. not that i’ll claim to know how brains actually work - i just figure this stuff makes for better materialist symbolism than like an elk or some sci-fi garbage. even if it’s outdated in the future it’s still woth remembering where i was at at the time i got these done. if i could figure out how to represent the garden of forking paths then i’d do it but i’m just not that good.

only a quarter done but my left arm will be covered by the end of the summer if i have my way. my guy loves doing these and it’ll be cheaper to get it all in one go

it doesn’t hurt nearly as much as you’d be led to believe, if you wanna do it i’d say do it and don’t fret too much, the stress will hurt more than the actual thing. you end up craving the sensation for as long as you can remember how it feels, endorphins are a crazy thing

i got a new stick n poke at the weekend done by my friend, it says ‘coward’

blakeboys.jpg

5 Likes

i got a stick n poke icosahedron the other month and only realised later it’s a d20

3 Likes

All platonic solids are dice

1 Like

wow this is a really great spot for a tattoo !!! I’ve been sort of wanting to get a circle abt the same size on my inner forearm for like 8 years but maybe I should be thinking about cooler spots to get it done

somewhere like here? we seem to have similar tastes

haha whys it upside down

2 Likes

not quite there! I always had it in my mind as about here
the one in this photo is too big and too centered but yeah something like this. Your placement really has me thinking about better options though…

haha oh yeah forearm, right

that one looks like a good starting point too though!

@a_new_duck i saw this and thought of you

3 Likes

i don’t remember making this thread but damn i want more tattoos

1 Like

this rules

2 Likes