Switch! (Part 1)

i mean i played botw entirely on the wii u

without a tv

5 Likes

I feel like 75% of my botw experience was in handheld mode and it was fine for me. hand cramps were kind of a thing but I was able to manage it without much annoyance. I think I just really liked the game enough for it to not bother me.

well hooah for all of you

3 Likes

BOTW is boring no matter what mode you play it in.

1 Like

Wake up, sheeple.

lol, bingo

8 Likes

I like how Mario appears to be having the time of his life while Cappy is missing all the action

11 Likes

so close…

2 Likes

Kind of want to hear the story behind why Mario Tennis had a new opening cinematic for it’s story mode patched in a year after release with Charles Martinet dialogue reused with questionable results from seemingly any source they first grabbed out of a bag.

New opening:

(there’s something somehow unsettling about having Super Mario noises be subtitled as if it were just another language entirely)

Old:

5 Likes

tbh, the most I’ve ever believed those two were fucking

11 Likes

They should have patched in an intro with Mask de Smith playing tennis with Bowser to keep up with that Killer7 intro No More Heroes got a month after release.

Okay, the fact that the pedal they have you build is designed to fan a gust of wind in your face when you press down on it to jump in the game actually sounds really cool

6 Likes

the goofy looking accessories actually do a great job lampshading how silly people look playing VR too. I honestly feel like “VR as a toy” is a better way to sell VR than some kind of high concept virtual experience thing

9 Likes

also getting major prop cycle vibes from the bird game

I’m a little conflicted on this one, since it looks pretty cool to try out. But having bought one of the previous Labo kits, I know that they basically amount to about 10 hours of fun building time and then playing around with the tech demo-like software for a bit before the cardboard just goes to the corner to gather dust.

Lucky this time you can buy a starter kit, and then get the other kits separately so it’s not as much of a hit to the wallet

2 Likes

this looks rad

4 Likes

God damn!

You can buy Virtua Racing right now on the JP eShop

6 Likes

it’s a shame virtua racing itself was never that great compared to outrun and daytona other than as a cool megadrive SVP tech demo (is this a bad take???) but gotta love AM2

this is the worst goddamn take and you should be shamed for it

almost as much as M2 should be shamed for not including any of the 32X or PS2 tracks

3 Likes

Behold! The ghost of the Virtual Boy was with us all along! (the VR updates for Odyssey and BotW are out now)

5 Likes