Switch! (Part 1)

Everything?

It will be the best game.

Also I didn’t say “wacky” I said “weird”. At first glance it literally looks like one of those mods where someone stuck Mario from Mario 64 with his full animation set into some Unreal Engine city demo only it’s actually a game from Nintendo themselves.

1 Like

Well one of the most important things on a console is the controller

I can already say fuck the switch

This just looks like a carpel tunnel generator.

2 Likes

geeeeez

I am a little concerned about their execution here

like, moreso than I was with the WiiU

2 Likes

I feel like this if kind of disingenuous argument because the use case for JoyCons for 90+% of their miserable, tiny lives is going to be shoved in grips to look like a poory drawn puppy, flanking the system itself or being fondled Wiimote style and the opportunities to create career-destroying cramps will be few and far between

As a possible future prospective owner, I will always call dibs on the left JoyCon aka the Good One and will solely destroy the success of the system with every person I show it to

4 Likes

Has that ever done anything good to a Bomberman? Don’t get me wrong, I wanna believe because Konami making a new Bomberman is kinda, well, something.

Wait what? Anyway, I am of the firm believe that the Mario Galaxies are the ugliest Mario games, especially the first one looks like some uncanny poop, oh boy. I don’t know what artists they hired/fired to make 3D World look so utterly gorgeous, but it’s how I want all 3D Marios to look from here on out. It’s not how I want all Mario games to play from here on out though. If Odyssey manages to marry the good art direction with the “true” 3D Mario experience (not that multiplayer focused isometric cop-out) I’d be super pleased. Stuffing it all in a Sonic 06 setting is just the icing on the cake. Wait what?

1 Like

??

apparently

Oh also paid online
Oh also one classic game trial a month then you have to buy it, even with the online service
Oh also there’s like one weird exclusive Nintendo title
Oh also Bomber man and Street Fighter 2 are big releases for this system
Oh also rebuy all your classic Nintendo games.

If they put bomberman on Fightcade it would have more mass market appeal.

I hate being super negative but it’s not a matter of something being better, or relatively ‘worth’ it. I literally don’t see a single reason yet to why anyone would want this thing, unless you don’t have a Wii U and you’re just jonzing for Zelda.

2 Likes

While I was making my regular visit to Gamestop to see if the NES Classic is in and to again explain that I don’t want to preorder anything, the dude behind the counter said word from up too was that something like 2 million Switches got pre-ordered in the first weekend, and that’s a fifth of total Wii-U sales. I’m not sure if that’s legit info, but that sounds promising.

I generally don’t have a horse in corporate races, but the day Mario goes third party X-Box game is the day I start wearing sensible shoes and listening to adult contemporary.

1 Like

I had to tell my wife explicitly to not buy me a Switch for my birthday. I’m glad I did because she said she was “definitely going to.” I got excited about it for maybe 1 day and now I’m super hesitant about it.

I already got burned pre-ordering the Wii, not gonna happen again, thanks.

1 Like

oh come on I know you love belle and sebastian

4 Likes

That seems to be the audience!

1 Like

well I guess literally everyone is a pretty wide net.

3 Likes

People seem to like Bomberman 64 heaps and that’s a game that has what qualifies as “level design”

Granted it’s also not traditional Bomberman but maybe that’s the issue here

My justification is Splatoon 2 and I don’t trust Nintendo to actually stock the thing in decent numbers past launch, success or no. If I go through with it. Who knows! There’s other dumb crap I want to buy too and we’ll see how the numbers pan out.

I just remembered when I thought this would be a Nintendo Vita that could stream to my TV. So innocent.

Oh man, that’s so “current music/current mood”

Hey man, Bomberman 64 is the bomb. I just don’t want 50 stages of “kill all enemies” in the same maps you play in regular multiplayer, which is something I could see happening depending on the game’s budget.

4 Likes

Well, I don’t. I tried and it’s too much glacial puzzle and not enough hot action for my liking.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with traditional Bomberman, it just hasn’t been bettered in 25 years.

1 Like

The bomberman hero soundtrack alone justifies 3d bombman games.

2 Likes