Switch! (Part 1)

I like it better than Fire Emblem Warriors so far, although I wish each level didn’t go on for quite so long. These games tend to feel a little exhausting for me

I played the WiiU version and it was good times, yeah.

It’s always amazing to me how much more palatable DW games can be if applied to any license i enjoy.

1 Like

Yes some of the missions can go long in the tooth. I wish they had the pairing up of Fire Emblem Warriors included, obviously that would be out of place. Why doesn’t Nintendo license a game like that, not like smash brothers, where you run around and slaughter 1000s of koopas as your favorite character?

Koei totally wants to do a Mario musou too

I’d want the Star Wars musou first because that would be maximum levels of dumb (fucking John Williams buttrock everywhere? YES PLEASE)

4 Likes

I just want a current gen Gundam musou because those games let me look at/murder pretty robots without caring about the plot, and that is all I want out of Gundam.

Playing through Phantasy Star IV again makes me want a musou based on the original series. Imagine battling armies of sand worms and locustas as Gryz, Alis, Nei etc

2 Likes

Dragon Quest Heroes was almost as disappointing as Dragon Quest Heroes 2. I have no idea how they got those games so wrong. Where is the team that did Dragon’s Dogma? What are they doing now?

1 Like

This month’s New Gundam Breaker should be in a similar wheelhouse. I don’t remember if it has a Switch version though. (Edit: it’s just PS4 and PC)

1 Like

Oh yeah, I am looking forward to that nerdery.

Dragon’s Dogma Online.

tumblr_pa4vf92n7p1qzp9weo1_540
This apparently works.

9 Likes

I toyed with the idea, but I’ve never played a Musou before- not sure I’d enjoy it.

Fortnite came out on the thing

they probably shouldn’t have made the game default to the event 50v50 mode because it can send the game into Money For Nothing territory in handheld mode

also everyone is angry at Sony because of Epic account nonsense

Not-Overwatch also came it and it seems to be a more solid port but that’s not saying much when you compare the nature of the two titles

neither of them have gyro aim

2 Likes

This was my first real experience with Fortnight, and it seems like some major shit. Maybe the 50 on 50 mode is made to be boring, but I definitely didn’t feel like I mattered much on the field nor did I have a good grasp of where or how the major battles were happening.

Seeing all the inter match progress bars and daily goals and micro transaction store stuff made the whole game feel like the most cynical combination stuff to reel in players too.

I wanted to post about this two days ago when I first played it, but after I found that we have absolutely no substantive discussion of Fortnight outside of a couple cats dropping Shakespearean words, I felt a sudden swell of pride in our community and didn’t want to sully that.

6 Likes

the 50v50 thing is just a silly goof around mode and the real meat is in the solo or duo/squads stuff and those are perfectly fine but honestly, they probably won’t change your mind on battle royale stuff

ALSO THAT COOL ASS BUBBLE BOBBLE-LOOKIN’ GAME WHIP WHIP IS ON THE US ESHOP NOW

Bubble Bobble is so much more my shit.

1 Like

Pub Encounter for Nintendo Switch.

It’s a romance game where you can fall in love with one of several middle-aged men. All of them are experienced in life and have their own stories to tell. They may not be young, but they can love as deeply and passionately as anyone.

What.

2 Likes

Remember, dating sims where you’re a girl dating dudes are quaint and romantic

dating sims where you’re a dude dating dudes are comedy segments waiting to happen for popular youtubers

dating sims where you’re a dude dating girls are trashy and banned

dating sims where you’re a girl dating girls don’t exist/are itch.io gamjams

4 Likes

No, these are just AAA mega franchises because straight men like to jerk off to white women making out

6 Likes

Anyone played Octo Expansion yet?

4 Likes