Switch! (Part 1)

The bot has a real-time view from the IR sensor on the bottom of the red joycon, it’s really neat!

9 Likes

The fishing game. Putting the controller together was a lot more fun than the game :frowning:

5 Likes

this really is Nintendo’s Lego

2 Likes

And I’m willing to bet the sets will prove just as durable! (In terms of remaining put-together, not in the longevity of individual components)

What are the chances other developers will use already existing Labo designs like the fishing pole or whatever to make their own, more interesting games, with?

Probably nil, given the GameStop bins of useless Wii accessories that dot the land to this day.

3 Likes

In theory this could inspire other devs to put out printable stencils and instructions so you can cut out your own parts for whatever cardboard accessory they see fit to play their games with as a promotional thing. Unless this thing really takes off though and starts a craze I don’t really see anyone putting in the effort to make it happen. It’s not like anything was really stopping anyone from doing this before.

HOWEVER

14 Likes
1 Like

New Funky Mode! comes out this Friday, who’s hype?

I never played it on the Wii U, but pretty much everyone who did said it was the best 2D platformer in years.

yeee

4 Likes

Am I wrong or has the Switch Nintendo store basically turned into a clone of Steam, except a frustratingly arbitrary 5% sample delayed by 6+ months? There are even sexy anime games on there now

3 Likes

success is great, isn’t it

it’s an even better comparison when you realize the eShop has even worse discoverability problems then Steam could ever imagine

3 Likes

Everyone is so excited Nintendad let them make a game for their console.

Combine that with the exciting 20% off sales.

3 Likes

I feel like everyone was telling them to just give up and act like everyone else for so long and now they’ve finally done it and it’s working out, it wouldn’t be fair to criticize

If there’s a middle ground between this and what they used to do they clearly cannot perceive it

1 Like

I think it is working out for Nintendo. I am worried it isn’t working out for all the people whose dream has come true.

The 20% comment is coming at the ice cold take that no one cares about a 20% off digital game.

One of the only ways to signal boost your game on the eshop is have it constantly on sale.

Wow, it really is the spiritual successor to the Vita.

I’m pretty sure that is working out quite well for them. There are a lot of people out there who do not give a shit about what happens on PC because we spend enough time out of our day in front of our computers that we don’t want to spend more of it there at home, and a large proportion of that audience has bought into the Switch. Switch owners are crazy passionate about the thing and want everything to be released on it, with a lot of people choosing to go with the more versatile Switch version that can be played anywhere over the more technically competent versions on PS4. A lot of these people don’t even own other current-gen systems, so it’s pretty fair to say that a lot of the audience for Switch ports of two-year-old PC games are an audience that the games were never reaching in the first place.

4 Likes

I care

I bought Arms and Odyssey off of amazon.jp because I could get the digital for 50 bucks

And now the yen is strong again and the dream is dead

1 Like

First details about the Switch online service’s Famicom emulator are up on the Japanese site. Ice Climber, Zelda, Balloon Fight, Soccer, Tennis, Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., Dr. Mario, Super Mario. Bros. 3, Donkey Kong, and ten more unannounced games are the launch lineup.

You either need to pay per account on the Switch (300 yen/month, 800 yen/3mo, 2400 yen/year) or buy a family plan at 4500 yen/year for up to 8 accounts.

English site as well: Nintendo Switch Online - Nintendo - Official Site

For the first time ever, players will be able to enjoy these classic NES games online. Depending on the game, players can engage in online competitive or co-op multiplayer, or take turns controlling the action. Friends can even watch each other play single-player games online, and “pass the controller” at any time. Every classic NES game will support voice chat via the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app. It will also be possible to play these games offline.

Online co-op for NES games. That’s pretty neat.

1 Like

there’s no way

the family plan is heavily discounted

they say you can define who is in your family group

there has to be a catch, right