Switch! (Part 1)

Yeah, Soma is nominally a first-person survival horror game, but when you get right down to it, it’s really more of a walking sim with occasional horror stealth encounters. It’s fantastic! It hits a very exciting cognitive-science-mindfuck-science-fiction spot that games rarely go anywhere near.

1 Like

Oh jeez Soma sounds interesting!

Observer is good too

2 Likes

Oh I forgot about Observer! I played the first hour or so of that recently. I should finish that. It is 110% My Shit.

Pretty sure it’s not on the Switch tho.

Look I’m always going to give it props for the title. Also I just really liked all the visuals.

What Remains of Edith Finch is the game Gone Home should’ve been.

I somehow got Kamiko on sale for 2 dollars and I feel like I ripped the fine devs off and would have gladly paid 20-30 bucks for something this good

1 Like

Oh yeah, I haven’t played it and it’s on my list. Now that I have my new PC I should really get on that.

I wasn’t a fan, personally – it was too whizbang-y and the interaction only served to advance the whizbang. definitely a really nice work of like … 3D artistry and storytelling, but I was annoyed that it wanted input from me to do that. not unlike my reaction to tacoma I guess…

if you’ve already played gone home & firewatch & soma I’d say that’s all the really essential ones but observer would be tops on my list of the maybe-not-quite-essentials

also kentucky route zero isn’t quite a walking sim but if you haven’t played KRZ, holy shit

1 Like

KDL3 (1997) acknowledged this

6 Likes

The age we live in

3 Likes

I like how the stained glass window was memorable enough to carry forward until now

Kind of curious about across all the various motion controls and Kinect-likes which one offers the best Just Dance experience.

2 Likes

I can’t even tell what of this, constitutes gameplay?

Also, those look like washing machines in the background.

P.S. I actually think the rabbids doofy versions of Mario characters is a fun/funny idea. Which was used well in that Xcom-like game they did.

I can’t even tell what of this, constitutes grammar?

2 Likes

Is anyone getting a LABO today? I’m very curious whether there’s any substance there, or if it’s Babytown, USA’s Crafts District. Is it a one-way train ride to Babingtime Station? Is it a cardboard convention in Toddlerman Square? Is it a basket of fingerpaints hanging from the welcome sign on Infant Island?

1 Like

I got both labos because I’m a spoiled child and they are both arriving today and I’m very excited

6 Likes

Post us some pictures so we can see how it goes!

1 Like

The die used to cut the sheets is quite fine

My little robot dude!

8 Likes