Switch! (Part 1)

I don’t leave the house but I also don’t play much on the TV, so I mostly use it as a portable.

It’s alright! It’s fairly ergonomic for being so large. I like the controllers a lot actually, and it’s very nice to use in bed, on the couch, etc.

I also took it to my sister’s apartment and we played tiny puyo vs. tetris so that was pretty cool. Strained my eyes a bit though. I also wish the kickstand went back just a tad more

1 Like

It’s me

I’m the asshole who throws his Switch into his regular bag

8 bucks for glass screen protectors and I’m good. You should be too as long as you turn the lock mode on, otherwise your dumb portable console will literally kill itself doing dumb shit like sitting on the home screen or looking at the news

Buy a pro controller, keep the joycons on the console, only use them for portable play

Have a good, simple 2D game on hand that won’t gorge on battery like all the cool Nintendo first party games will (real talk, you will probably get an hour and a half tops in Spatoon 2 and a little more in Zelda or ARMS)

that’s totally normal for a modern SoC GPU running at full tilt though

I know a lot of people were concerned about it pre-launch but there’s basically no alternative

I’m not arguing that, rather I’m pointing out that Nintendo’s titles are power hungry across the board and I can’t imagine someone buying a Switch and not wanting any of them

Quoted For Truth.

Switch is the spot for hot indie games. Portable Stardew Valley or Shovel Knight, anyone? There’s a few exclusive(-ish?) ones that looks pretty good too, like that Atlantis Earth, Golf Story and Octopath Traveler.

I plugged in a GameCube controller (with the Wii U adapter) to play Odyssey for half a second. I can’t recommend it because of the position of the Z button, but it’s neat that it works and cool of Nintendo to support other USB controller now given that the Pro is pretty pricey. It sounds like there are 3rd party adapters for Wii U stuff.

2 Likes

that makes me that much likelier to get a switch

I haaate having to get multiples of the same console controller, I’ve been getting multi stuff on PC for like a decade almost without exception because of that

2 Likes

Until Smash 4 Champion Edition comes out, the only use I can foresee my GCN adapter getting hooked up to my Switch is Mario Kart. Which I tried for a bit and it works perfectly, so now I don’t have to share my Pro controller be forced to play on a single Joycon buy more expensive controllers avoid actually having the thing out for party game time

1 Like

it’s me, I’m the guy who owns enough crap to do a 8-player Smash setup

pity me

4 Likes

This new Super Bomberman R brought some amazing new characters. The Bomberman Universe is now the best game universe.

3 Likes

Holy crap, are those real? There’s a Silent Hill nurse bomberman? GOEMON IS IN THE GAME!?

WWwwwwwhy is Pyramid Head in bomberman? I guess it’s ok with me

That’s the word going around the street.

• Goemon Bomber
  • Dracula Bomber
  • Princess Tomato Bomber
  • Bubble Head Bomber
  • Option Bomber
  • Shiori Fujisaki Bomber
  • Jehuty Bomber
  • Anubis Bomber
  • Reiko Bomber
3 Likes

The Option bomber is super cool looking. For some reason, I find the Silent Hill nurse bomber 5,000 times more upsetting to look at than actual Silent Hill nurses.

4 Likes

This just makes me want a new goemon game for Switch

1 Like

Why aint he Goebomb?

1 Like

I guess it’s worth mentioning that Bomberman is 20 bucks next Friday at Best Buy

1 Like

I bought me a Mario. Too exhausted right now to boot it up, though (and so it shall remain).

I’m probably not getting the full Switch experience because I almost entirely refuse to remove it from it’s dock? I don’t want the performance diminished an iota. I want to be awash with the majesty of color forever.

I think like 80% of the games I’ve read about just do resolution scaling when undocked though and that works out in the handheld’s favour anyway given it’s a smaller display

Probably! When I concern myself with technical quality, I psyche myself out with nonexistent issues.