Switch! (Part 1)

I love Nintendo’s dumb, silly marketing

take me to all the cut-throat underground splat2n fight clubs that exist in nintendo marketing fiction

2 Likes

someone deleted the thing I was going to reply to but let me just say to everyone

do Grand Prix. get comfortable enough to finish GP on level 4 with minimal fuss (there’s a reason they have you beat it before you can do ranked). going on higher levels will give you a better idea of how to hit and dodge and take grab opportunities but it can aslo get pretty stupid. so start there and get a feel for how ARMS wants you to play from there.

2 Likes

Every time I see this thread, I think it’s about that Sega CD game.

Then I remember, oh. There’s that… thing, isn’t there. That Nintendo thing. Yeah, oh well.

1 Like

oh my god they added a gear ability that lets you dodge after landing from a super jump

Team Ice Cream

Team Marina

I feel sorry for Pearl. She’s so outclassed.

I totally don’t mind that they’re backfilling the whole first year and a half of releases with WiiU exclusives no one played

4 Likes

I got Mario Kart after having never owned one before. It’s okay? I need to learn to effectively play the higher CCs. I was a bit worried at first that I should have gotten ARMS, which immediately clicked with me.

MK8 is one of the best selling games of this/the last gen, whichever you feel like slotting the Wii U into, and is up there among the best selling games of all time, its numbers only looking anemic because it has to compare to MKWii, a game that sold to a third of the owners of one of the most popular consoles of all time

for example, the Switch version already has a 50% physical attach rate in Japan

Splatoon has also sold pretty well (5 million-ish) and will also fucking crush it in Japan, seeing as it was the first million-selling console title over there in a long time (not counting… MK8).

also also lol at calling Splatoon 2 a Wii U port

who cares how well they sold in japan

and I really did mean that I didn’t mind! I think it’s a good idea!

Nintendo does

1 million Switches and counting, while hilariously supply constrained because they have to compete with Apple and Samsung for NAND

wait, the supply constraints are supposedly due to the meager amount of internal storage they’re shipping? is it even on a PCIe bus?

this is the reason being given

IIRC, Eurogamer did tests and the internal NAND is slightly faster than loading off cart or an SD card, so probably not

PERFECT IN EVERY WAY

man I like Pearl

Marina is cool too

it’s okay to like both and imagine them as girlfriends

1 Like

2 Likes

this attitude is exactly why america’s political tribalism is escalating

1 Like

I bet you’re team cake too

(honestly, I’m team ice cream cake, so I’m even more of an asshole)

(don’t take any of my waifu warring seriously)

1 Like

nah i’m team ice cream, cake ain’t nothing without ice cream

i just like both characters?

but yeah people really seem to be not into pearl.

I really hope they do this - wiiU was the first Nintendo thing I skipped since n64, and Mario Kart was what sold me on Switch.

Really hope we get Pikmin 3 re-released too.