Switch! (Part 1)

I did not enjoy the Splatoon beta at all but I bought it when it was half off on Black Friday cuz I am constantly questioning my judgement and I gotta say all the other modes are way better than whatever they had during that beta.

I can’t remember what mode they had during the beta. Turf wars? I grew to enjoy it but I still liked the other modes better, even though I can’t remember what those modes were. I enjoyed them even though Nintendo’s refusal to acknowledge things such as “ping” and “regions” meant I spent half my play time shouting at teleporting Japanese “high ping bastards” who were probably like 8 years old.

Nintendo doesn’t believe in region filters or ping indicators and to me that is maddening. I finally got to play ARMS online today and spent a lotta time shouting about lag. Maybe this lag was all in my head, but I still think Nintendo should take people like me into consideration and display fuckin’ ping so I can avoid stroking out prematurely due to perceived on-line gamesoft lag.

Anyway what I’m saying here is that Splatoon is the best online team shooter since vanilla TF2 and my opinion carries a ton of weight cuz i hated the beta and find its aesthetic a real turnoff, aside from a few songs, and a few hats.

Overwatch sucks shit.

2 Likes

should clarify I meant titanfall 2 not team fortress but otherwise that is actually very helpful feedback!

On Splatoon. I got it accidentally for free and as a big shootman I loved it to a point of missing on playing with my crew to play Splatoon solo.

Whoops. The gamestop by the hotel had zero and said they had zero since launch. The one twenty minutes away had at least a dozen. Will arms it up once I am back in Japan and have a decent case and screen protector.

2 Likes

let me repost this for all the new members of the cult:

also know that anyone who bought neon colors, I’m judging you

Oh man, I’m really thinking about picking up a Switch myself. For some reason, it seems like every game store in Boston has a ton of em. Did that joycon connectivity issue ever get definitively resolved? I wonder if I should wait for hardware revisions…

fuck off! neon 4 lyfe!

2 Likes

The only reason to get the grey one is because you want to color it yourself.

the grays actually seem a lot easier to get? just based on looking at that one website that tracks store local store stock

the issue isn’t color

the issue is that they put two differing colors, which makes sense from the standpoint of “well, you know who has what!” except for the fact that the left and right Joycons are very clearly different things

if you pre-ordered before launch on Nintendo’s online Japanese store, you had the option of getting all red or all blue with your system. and those look nice! the system has an identity! but mixing just makes it look busy.

Two colors obviously better, notbov confirmed tasteless

2 Likes

It makes for an easy upsell when you get the L-Red and R-Blue, too.

Neon here. Haven’t fallen for it yet.

I had four grey N64 controllers. I was super jealous of the multicolor array one of my friends had. My favorite controller aesthetically was my spice orange cubetroller. If all four we’re orange I’d probably have quit videogames.

Hm.

So what’s a good SD card to get to expand the storage?

You’re acting like there’s enough stock of each type going around that one can afford to be picky.

so, uh, with prime discount and reward points i just got arms for 30$ on amazon.

i dunno why but i think arms is pretty cool and i wanted it.

i am a terrible person.

2 Likes

[quote=“notbov, post:485, topic:3070”]
of course, none of you would have this problem if you had the faith and pre-ordered like us idiots[/quote]

:shermiesteppin:

3 Likes

I bought a neon Switch but ended up swapping with a friend because the asymmetry drove me batty. I love colors. I want everything to be Spice Orange. But even matching joycons bug me. I need the unit to be one solid color. I have needs.

I think the asymmetry is wonderful and it makes me really happy.

1 Like

oh what

are we switch friends

i will crush you

haha oh man

we will be

when i find a switch

1 Like