Switch! (Part 1)

makes sense, the U was actually the only AMD hardware I’ve owned since a 9600 XT until the PS4

(though did you mean “even with AMD’s aggressive driver optimizations”?)

:xsignx:

Nvidia is more timely about releasing drivers for new games (they have to, they more or less have no scheduler on the hardware itself) and there’s less CPU overhead to the drivers themselves (you need more CPU to max out a R9 290 than you do a GTX 970). at least on Direct X. once we hit Vulkan, hey, it turns out actually having designed GCN for async compute was a good idea that took 4 years to finally get some benefit

no I know that it just didn’t seem to follow from the rest of your post

I’m saying even with the stuff Nvidia does, they still shouldn’t be competitive but hey real world results

I will English betterer in the future

edit

also of note: remember that Nvidia revealed everything Maxwell in and up does tile-based rasterization

1 Like

On the trying to buy a Switch in Japan updates:

Now one of the big 3 electronic stores (Bic Camera) has line up buying tickets every Saturday morning.

A small chain electronic store by my house might have them in stock, but you have to buy a 3 year insurance policy because they are aggravated with people just buying them to flip them. I haven’t looked into how much the insurance is.

I still believe places like department stores etc have not gotten stock since 3/3.

The splatoon bundle sold out immediately. So did the pink and green pro controller.

Lord Splatoon 2 and Odssey has caused my frothing demand to skyrocket.

come to the uk, i’m pretty sure my local supermarket never sold out of their initial ship

yeah but doesn’t your exchange rate means it is like 7000 USD?

~320 usd

Can you just not order one online?

No more than you can in America. I follow CAG they sell out in minutes anytime they go up.

How much do they normally go for? I just looked at Walmarts website and they have one bundled with Zelda for $499.

Best Buy website has regular systems for $299. According to the site I can walk into the Best Buy five miles from my house and get one right now.

this seems like a very bad deal

zelda is really good though

I just bit the bullet on a bundle with arms and a 64GB sdcard for 400 that won’t show up till the end of the month.

Yeah I don’t know what’s up with that.

at Best Buy I got a Switch + Zelda and Mario Kart for the cost of that Zelda bundle :confused:

canada amazon has them for six hundred dollars so all of you stop complaining

1 Like

Yeah but you get to be in Canada

5 Likes

this is maybe an okay price if microSD cards weren’t so cheap already (I got my 64 gig card pre-launch for 15 bucks separately)

that 500 dollar bundle is dumb though

of course, none of you would have this problem if you had the faith and pre-ordered like us idiots

currently twiddling my thumbs while I wait for Amazon.jp to give me an ARMS code (shit, 50 bucks for a digital code of a new game and it has Enlgish? sign me up)

1 Like

I managed to get the Japanese eShop to take my American credit card*, so I’m currently downloading Arms. It is PSN-slow.

*(this involved linking my Japanese Nintendo Account to my Japanese Nintendo Network ID from my Japanese 3DS, which happily accepts my US credit card, then merging the wallets)