Switch! (Part 1)

Looks like Indivisible is coming out on Switch! I totally thought this game got cancelled after the Indigogo, so this is a nice surprise for me… Also wasn’t there an SB member working on this?

Kinuko and Persona-sama

2 Likes

wait, Kinuko is ex-SB? how come I don’t remember this

Huh I do not think any store near me has gotten stock since 3/3. All the signs say they sold out on that day and are waiting for more stock.

She only ever posted very occasionally. I knew her most from her avatar of a photo of a husky sitting on a bench bein like hey there baby

1 Like

Not sure I’m feeling ARMS from the short time with the test punches on my roommate’s switch. Feels more punish/read heavy instead of just finding buttons to press to condition or poke with. Feels like something I need to spend a few hours with in single player to get a feel for movement, timings and tracking properties.

I was also kinda feeling eh about it but in one testpunch I played Mechanica and everything felt right.

Also hi, buy our game on Switch yay

8 Likes

I got every character’s thing except for Mechanica the first weekend, then I messed around with her using the proxy trick and got a handle on her movement gimmicks and now I think she is the proverbial Twintelle’s ass. It’s silly being able to boost around the arena, constantly changing direction and altering your course and attacks while also having punch armor

Also hi, maybe

I made a very bad decision and impulse-bought a Switch when I saw one on a shelf.

So, Zelda’s nice!

6 Likes

does the switch run at the “docked” clockspeed when being used as a handheld so long as it’s plugged in?

If one wanted to also make a bad decision, what’s the least hassle method of tracking one down? Right now the path of least resistance seems to buy a bundle pack at gamestop with ARMS, Snipperclips and an extra AC adapter.

I’m pretty sure it only runs at “docked” mode in the dock, because the system gets pretty warm running in dock mode, and I don’t think they want a notably warm HAND-HELD system.

oh well! thanks. I know most games are designed to only used the docked clocks to boost the output resolution from 720p to 1080p so I suppose it doesn’t matter too much.

The way it happened for me was I happened to be at a Target and there happened to be one there, which happens sometimes, but is entirely luck-based and thus is not a marathon-safe strat.

1 Like

That is a lie, the system will get plenty warm in handheld mode. I’ve gotten to get toasty playing Zelda, MK8 and ARMS and also the time it unlocked in my bag and was probably on the news page for a couple of hours

Odds are good you’ll notice the fan kicking in with Zelda in handheld mode (I knew the first time I heard it there was a definite “What the fuck is that noise” feeling)

hey the producer is claiming on the Treehouse that Splatoon 2 is 1080p60 so we can shut the fuck up about it until Digital Foundry gets a copy

1 Like

I’m actually surprised they’re managing to deliver a visual upgrade on some of these Wii U ports at all, since the X1’s undocked GFLOPS are barely higher than the Wii U’s, if not lower

it’s almost like AMD and Nvidia FLOPS aren’t comparable

oh really is that the standard response???

that didn’t even occur to me

you should scope some PC benches

even with Nvidia’s aggressive driver optimizations, an RX 480 (which just so happens to be a 6 TFLOP GCN part) should beat a GTX 1060 since it has 2 TFLOPS over it but they run neck and neck

Nvidia also customized a version of Vulkan for the Switch whereas the WII U was probably running OpenES and also Nintendo are fucking wizards