Switch! (Part 1)

They should put a huge light on the front of the controller that you can’t turn off, then they’d be good and modern!

But really, I just want them to be thicker. Somebody on Etsy should start fabricating grip shells.

look, we all know the 1990 playbook is actually Tetris and a battery pack that clips on your belt

products that give consumer-replaceable or facing batteries are a good thing (Xbone controller and Eneloops: BFFs), though this seems a bit off and egregious seeing as the packs would block grip use and the Joycons last like, 10x as long as the console itself on included batteries, so it’s just kind of silly

1 Like

like, seriously, I want to see the use case here where you’re like “I can’t play ARMS for more than 20 hours at a time without stopping and this is a goddamn problem

I could see using them instead of getting a second grip for the hypothetical two joycon pair household that plays splitscreen ARMS.

They were announced with the new yellow joycons that coincide with ARMS so I think this might actually happen.

Wow Snipper Clips rules. And the more people you have shouting at the TV / each other the better.

1 Like

I still maintain that Snipper Clips is going to get someone laid. A game of cute, goofy characters consensually invading each other’s personal space (and literally, bodies) to solve puzzles?

~snip~

6 Likes

Today at work we re-enacted the cheesy Nintendo Switch advertisements by connecting two switches for 4 player Mario kart with one joycon each. Lots of fun and hand cramps had by all, would recommend.

If you are thinking “what if the boss caught you playing games instead of working”, he was player 4 so all is good

1 Like

pouring one out for the old Inkling Girl “fuck you” gesture

Nintendo won’t let us have nice things

This song is real good. It sounds like the MK8 music got out from under Mario.

1 Like

it’s been talked about a bit in random material since the Switch presentation but ARMS is the MK8 team (the game’s producer is MK8’s director, at the very least)

also instead of listening to the song on YouTube, you should boot the Testpunch and just let it run and watch the AI demos while also getting the damn good song

(I work all next weekend :stampstampstamp:)

I bought one. I’m excited to Switch on the train, but I have to wait for my case and replacement left Joy-Con to arrive. Parts of this thing are flying toward my house like Voltron.

1 Like

Apparently about 38 days after I posted this

Snagged one with Zeldo and Mareo Kart at Best Buy today. whoopee!

3 Likes

I have yet to see one for sale here in Japan.

Who knew that me standing in line for a midnight release would be a good idea? I never do that, but it worked out here.

I don’t want or need one but have “hmm” that I can not buy one but was still able to preorder one the day before it came out.

tell me how much more unbuyable they’re gonna be when Splatoon 2 hits

1 Like

just started setting it up and hey! looks like the left joy con’s battery is dead out of the box. fun times!

You gotta figure some version of Mario Maker’s gonna appear on Switch eventually, right? That’s probably when I’ll capitulate.

1 Like

hold out for zelda maker imo

3 Likes

Hold out for Miis, IMO.