Switch! (Part 1)

congratulations, the Switch is the new Vita

it’s me

I’m the inkling running in golden eggs while everyone else is dying to a boss

The English demo for Puyo Puyo Tetris is up on the shop if you don’t have a Japanese account. Highly recommended!

It’s also got a $29.99 list price, which is $10 cheaper than the cartridge version. I think this is good.

1 Like

i’m not into the spla2oon fashion :frowning:

it’s actually worse because you can’t set the round limit above 1. not that I would keep a demo around for the sole purpose of having a free game or anything

also, bear guy no longer has a booming deep voice announcing a LOVE TETRIS

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/nintendo-finally-selling-extra-switch-150000887.html

Apparently they’re $60 but a guy I work with said they were $90 though I don’t know where he heard that. So they’re either slightly cheaper than or slightly more expensive than the Pro controller.

great! now when are they going to start selling Switches again??

1 Like

Probably as soon as they get more manufactured. They sold almost a million last month, which was probably about as many as they actually produced.

$90 was the original dock price listed on the run up to launch. 60 is… better, I guess

the best piece of info relating to the Switch launch is that Zelda achieved an attach rate of over 100%

2 Likes

$60 is in the range of what USB-C video/hubs run for other devices. Now, it’d be nice if those worked with the Switch…

There’ll be cheaper Chinese dock clones soon enough. I’m sure there are multiple companies in Shenzhen working on that as we speak.

The open secret as to why USB C (and microUSB Android phones) is a thing at all is that no company is able to gouge their customers with overpriced proprietary chargers anymore, because they always get cloned and undercut by the Chinese. It’s more of a hassle than a profit center now, so they gave in and officially handed it over to China.

1 Like

To be fair, the most fun I ever had with sm4sh was using a wiimote and nunchuk with all buttons mapped to jump and the Shake to Smash setting turned on

Gamers are weird.

Nintendo said it sold roughly 906,000 units of the Switch in the U.S. throughout March.

Breath of the Wild sold even better. Roughly 460,000 copies of the Wii U version of the game were sold in March, and the Switch version sold an estimated 925,000 units. That means Nintendo sold more copies of Breath of the Wild for the Switch than it sold of the Switch console itself.

1 Like

isn’t it all just filthy resellers/collectors

1 Like

Yeah, almost certainly. The idea that there are almost twenty thousand people who wanted Zelda so bad that they’d buy the game with no way to play it just tickles me.

I’d bring up the idea of people buying copies to play with Cemu, but really who would I be kidding

I guess one could also blame Nintento for making more games than consoles to play on.

you would be kidding even yourself because that’s the wrong version of the game

I guess this means Nintendo scared everyone off from going digital on the system

except for me

given the resale value of physical nintendo games (extremely high) plus their ability to manage a modern digital storefront (extremely low) and the overall convenience of the physical media used by the switch (thoroughly not bad compared to discs) and the size of the internal memory available (pretty paltry) even I would be tempted to get hard copies of games if I had the machine

1 Like