Switch! (Part 1)

yessss I love unlimited versus demos

So no limited demo uses like on Wii U? Wow.

Yeah, they eventually ditched limits on the 3DS with Monster Hunter 4.

I also downloaded the Dragon Quest Heroes demo for kicks but it was too choppy for me.

finally got one of these, i might be the only person on planet earth who, after putting Zelda in the cartridge slot, decided to play Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment for a few hours

3 Likes

The pro controller is really good and it’s a shame it doesn’t come with the console. The joycons were giving me cramps and joint pain in any configuration.

• N64-sized face buttons (!)
  • 360-style layout
  • 1998-style translucent plastic
  • PS2-style digital triggers (with bonus dampening)
2 Likes

I must be insane because although I wouldn’t describe the grip combo as “comfortable”, I have no issue using it and also ahahaha, 70 dollars for a controller

Yeah, I recognize my joycon cramps are because I have autoimmune inflammation.

well now I feel bad but I was talking more in general

I thought it was widely accepted that the thing/things were Too Small by one

Oh, no worries! Just accepting the idiosyncrasy that led to lol $70 controller from a tax refund.

The sentiment I’ve heard and get is that with the black strap attachments they feel good as nunchucks, but the grip is too close together for comfort.

the straps?

oh, you mean the ARMS accessories that came with the system for some reason

I have those in my work bag despite not carrying around my Switch everyday because, well, if they’re ever gonna get used, it’ll be around another person and also ARMS doesn’t have a date yet, what the fuck Nintendo

1 Like

Why is it $70?

PS4 and Xbox One controllers are $65, right?

Ask Nintendo? I suspect it’s just because they know people will pay it.

It has gyro and NFC where the Wii U pro controller didn’t. I think the build quality and materials are nice, but just on par with the Xbox One controller. I think the rumble has weird motors like the joycons, but Steam controllers do as well and they’re inexpensive.

I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone, and I would rather it be included, but it’s made sittings longer than an hour bearable.

The face buttons are so big! I might use it on PC as well.

1 Like

the battery lasts a fucking long time

2 Likes

Through the magic of very dim LEDs!

oh on the pro controller i mean

DS4s and Xbone controllers are 60 bucks but are usually cheaper because Sony and MS have bothered to send more than 5 of them into retail channels

Yeah, I just looked at Amazon, seems like they go for mid-40s but still show an MSRP of 60-65.

So this is just an accepted early adopter gouge now I guess

I hope they support USB to GC adapters for Smash because I don’t want to stiff people with sideways joycons.

1 Like

Smash is and will always be unplayable with anything but a GC controller.

Why oh why didn’t they adopt the same policy as Sony/Microsoft of just copying the same near-perfect controller design, with slight edits, for ever and ever.

2 Likes